Premium

Country

Vietnam

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have just set up my new desktop PC, however, Spotify keeps having the error code accesspoint:39. 

If I try to log out and log back in again, it sends the error, preventing me from logging in. And when I change the proxy settings, I can log into the app, but I can't play any songs. I have tried it with my VPN, and the songs came back. 

So I know that it has something to do with my Internet settings, however, I have tried other solutions related to the device's Internet settings and still have the same problem.

Can you guys help me with this? 

Screenshot 2021-11-22 091210.png
1 Reply

Hey there @Meowjoker,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community@

This error message could be caused by a few things, so we can suggest quite a few steps to try in this case:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts