Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Explicit songs blocked only on desktop app?

Explicit songs blocked only on desktop app?

Plan

Free/

Country

(Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

So currently explicit songs are blocked only on the desktop app, the web version and mobile app both do playback of explicit songs just fine but then they are grayed out in the desktop app? I'd looked and I can't seem a way to disable the filter in settings.

sadf.PNG
Capture.PNG
1 Reply

Hello @Rangerfly. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I understand that the desktop app doesn't seem to be letting you playback explicit songs, so let's see if we can rectify that. Spotify does support disabling explicit tracks on a device and account basis, which you can learn more about at the link below.

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/content-censor/

I'm not sure why that page is missing instructions for turning explicit content on / off on desktop, but here's a handy screenshot showing where you can turn explicit content on and off as needed. You can get here by clicking the 3 dot menu > Edit > Preferences when using the Windows 10 Spotify Desktop app.

spotify_settings_desktop_app.png

It's very possible you may need to toggle the setting on / off a few times, fully exiting the Desktop app each time, but let me know if you're able to get it playing your explicit tunes the way you want again and we'll go from there.

Keep on rockin'! 🎸

Suggested posts