Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

spotify doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryswedenDevice(iPhone Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I try to play a song on spotify it doesn't work. Nothing happens and nothing plays. I have uninstalled spotify several times and reinstalled it and restarted ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country sweden Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I try to play a song on spotify it doesn't work. Nothing happens and not...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Overlay

Im on a windows 10 pc, and i realise that i don't get the immage on the "mini player" i don't know the name of that. See creen below. Thx for any help!If you get the name of what circle in red, it will be appriciated. (because i don't know the name i...

• Regular
  • Im on a windows 10 pc, and i realise that i don't get the immage on the "mini player" i don't know the name of that. See creen below. Thx for any help! If you get the name of what circle in red, i...
  • Lumine
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Desktop App on second Screen

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10, Version 1809 My Question or IssueIf I open my Spotify Desktop Software on the second Monitor, the icon/shortcut in the Taskbar isn't shown. I have to move the Window to the first scree...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10, Version 1809   My Question or Issue If I open my Spotify Desktop Software on the second Monitor, the icon/short...
  • DidyZ
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

When i save songs on my phone, they dont sync on my pc.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMoto g5 plus, Custom PC)Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i save a song on my phone, to my songs, the song does not appear in songs on my pc. When i go search for the song on my pc, i cant pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Moto g5 plus, Custom PC) Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i save a song on my phone, to my songs, the song doe...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song browser doesent work

im on the spotify app on windows 10, when i type something in the song browser it just doesent search the song image: https://gyazo.com/71c66d0e665ff8979c358ef724657a3a

• im on the spotify app on windows 10, when i type something in the song browser it just doesent search the song    image: https://gyazo.com/71c66d0e665ff8979c358ef724657a3a
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • song browser
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play songs in windows client "until allowed in Spotify phone app"

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI get the message "We cant play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app". I had Spotify installed on Android and never blocked any artist. Now i dont even have...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I get the message "We cant play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app". I had Spotify...
  • tnk0
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! why?

why did you turn your once promising, unique streaming service into a huge, frustraing pile of cash grab **bleep**

• Music Fan
  • why did you turn your once promising, unique streaming service into a huge, frustraing pile of cash grab **bleep**
  • fodare
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

scrobbles to last fm

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and hePlan UnlimitedCountry UKUKDevicedesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue No scrobbles to last Fm since last update, other...

• Gig Goer
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and he Plan Unlimited Country UK UK Device desktop Operating System Windows 10 &...
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Explicit songs blocked only on desktop app?

PlanFree/Country (Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueSo currently explicit songs are blocked only on the desktop app, the web version and mobile app both do playback of explicit songs just fine but then they are grayed out in the deskto...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/ Country   (Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue So currently explicit songs are blocked only on the desktop app, the web version and mobile app both do pl...
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't play music on my pc and my playlists are al empty

PlanPremiumCountryDominican RepublicDeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI can listen to my music normaly on my android phone but i can't in my computer, when i go to one of my playlists all of them appear empty (on my phone i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Dominican Republic Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I can listen to my music normaly on my android phone but i can't in my computer, whe...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Sync not working

Device(MacBook, Windows PC, Android Phone)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have a laptop that I use to listen to music on when I'm not home, I listened and added several songs to my library, then used my phone to listen to the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device (MacBook, Windows PC, Android Phone) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have a laptop that I use to listen to music on when I'm not home, I listened and added se...
  • boxofgum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now - Desktop Windows

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 professional(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueNothing plays on my desktop app! I am about to cancel Spotify. No matter what I have tried it does not want to play an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7 professional (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Nothing plays on my desktop app! I ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Send phone's local files to computer

I have an S9 and am running Windows 10. I had to reinstall Windows and the only thing I forgot to backup is my local music- so now there are no local files for me to download. However the files are still "synced" and playing on my S9, but are greyed ...

• I have an S9 and am running Windows 10. I had to reinstall Windows and the only thing I forgot to backup is my local music- so now there are no local files for me to download. However the files are s...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i disable Spotify from auto updating?

I installed an older version of Spotify on by PC because the new Spotify doesnt has the features from the past. But after a few times there is this blue point at the right corner and says that an Update is ready. How can i disable this? I dont want t...

• Music Fan
  • I installed an older version of Spotify on by PC because the new Spotify doesnt has the features from the past. But after a few times there is this blue point at the right corner and says that an Upd...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot find Spotify App for Samsung s3

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceSamsung s3 frontier/huawei p20 My Question or IssueI cannot seem to find the spotify app for samsung s3, either on the watches built in app store or on the samsung app store on the phone. Has the app been removed?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Samsung s3 frontier/huawei p20   My Question or Issue I cannot seem to find the spotify app for samsung s3, either on the watches built in app...
  • JNipper
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Remove Spotify Playlist

Hello, i would like to remove two playlists created by Spotify:"Your Top Songs 2018" and "Your Top Songs 2017".Both playlists are located in the "Made for you" section inside "Your Library". Is there any way to remove those playlists?Here is an scree...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i would like to remove two playlists created by Spotify: "Your Top Songs 2018" and "Your Top Songs 2017". Both playlists are located in the "Made for you" section inside "Your Library"....
  • juanpablovc94
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Spotify can't play this right now..."

Hi Spotify community! So there's a Brian May album on Spotify called Back to the Light, but when i try to play it, it says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."This album isn't showing up anywhe...

Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG
  • Hi Spotify community!   So there's a Brian May album on Spotify called Back to the Light, but when i try to play it, it says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your co...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Folders within Album

Hi, there, i wanted to know how can i create folders with the "Album" folder. This is because i only hear full albums and not single musics, so the "Playlist" folder is useless to me.Thanks,Leporello

• Hi, there, i wanted to know how can i create folders with the "Album" folder. This is because i only hear full albums and not single musics, so the "Playlist" folder is useless to me. Thanks, Lepor...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Unidentified Remote Spotify Control

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceOnePlus 5T, HP LaptopOperating SystemAndroid, Windows 10 My Question or IssueFor the past couple weeks, I have been noticing (especially on my laptop) another device that plays music for me. It comes up as Spotify Web player (C...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK Device OnePlus 5T, HP Laptop Operating System Android, Windows 10   My Question or Issue For the past couple weeks, I have been noticing (especially on my laptop) ...
  • ltd2beast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Font Difference

CountryAustraliaDeviceAsus UX360UAOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue So recently I've been having this weird font issue where it uses a different font in Spotify compared to the images displayed in: Image for example and seems to use a co...

• Casual Listener
  • Country Australia Device Asus UX360UA Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   So recently I've been having this weird font issue where it uses a different font in Spotify comp...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes