Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Failed to Connect to Tumblr

Solved!

Failed to Connect to Tumblr

Hi everyone

Two days ago I've tried to connect my Spotify account to a Tumblr, but everytime I try that, it gives me an error, saying it failed to connect. I thought my password was wrong (since my email was correct) so I've changed it, but still got no luck.

Facebook and Twitter work great, only Tumblr gives me this error. What can I do to solve this?

I've already installed Spotify again and, as I've said, changed passwords, so I don't know what else I could do...

Thank you

.mrcalmeida.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Are you entering your actual Tumblr URL/username in the "username" field?  It says "username", I know, but it actually wants the email address you used to sign up for Tumblr (otherwise you'll get an "incorrect username/password" error, as opposed to the "failed to connect" error you get if everything is actually right, but it, well, can't connect).  If you're using your Tumblr email and the correct PW, and you don't have two-step verification turned on and it's still not letting you connect, I've got no other suggestions, sorry 😕

View solution in original post

30 Replies

Hmm, mine's saying the same as is one of my colleague's. It's likely a temporary issue - keep trying it and we'll do the same. If it doesn't come back soon, we'll get someone to look into it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

This has been happening for a couple of days now, but will keep trying to connect it to tumblr to see if it works.

.mrcalmeida.

Okay, it might be something we need to take a look at. What version of Spotify are you using at the moment? Have you updated to a new version recently?

My Spotify version is this one right now 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589 I've installed it today to see if the connection problem would be resolved.

.mrcalmeida.

Hi there - the same issue is happening to me.  Has this issue been resolved?  

Same here.  I'm running latest version on two computers.

Same thing is happening to me too.

What client versions are you using guys (Help > About)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Me, too. It's been going on for a week. I know my login and pwd are correct. I've revoked Spotify access to Tumbler. Nothing works.

This might be known already, but I have escalated it as an issue to the team 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Still isn't working... Any news regarding this?

.mrcalmeida.

Also happening with me.

I've checked my password is correct.

I've downloaded the latest version of Spotify from the website and installed.

Still happening.

I'm on a Mac.

Same problem: OS X, Spotify 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589

Started experiencing the same problem a few days ago; seems to be ocuring with the web player as well (using Chrome)

Hey guys, a quick update: I've passed this onto our tech guys to take a look into. We'll let you know when we have an update. For now, you should still be able to share with Tumblr, albeit indirectly. Check out this post.

The same to me today: Twitter works great, only Tumblr gives me error "failed connection" no chance to solve by myself

Pls help asap!!

thks 

@Adam I notice that the same thing is happening on Blip.fm. You cannot login - even with the correct credentials. I wonder if the problem is at Tumblr and not with Spotify.

@rmsylte wrote:

@Adam I notice that the same thing is happening on Blip.fm. You cannot login - even with the correct credentials. I wonder if the problem is at Tumblr and not with Spotify.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone else having problems with any other sites and connecting to Tumblr?

I can confirm the following information about various sites that I'm using.

* IFTTT - sending Flickr, YouTube, 500px, Instagram likes to Tumbr successfully. (Relatedly, could Spotify please work with IFTTT?)

* SoundCloud - Some IFTTT recipes (sending SoundCloud likes to Tumblr) don't seem to be registering completely. Graphics missing, for example.

Suggested posts