Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • shark1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

How to permamently fix the blank screen problem for the desktop client?

I have found some posts that have a similar problem. When Spotify's desktop client is started normally, it cannot acces the internet. Instead, there is just a blank screen whenever I browse for songs and artists. In one thread, someone provided a tem...

• I have found some posts that have a similar problem. When Spotify's desktop client is started normally, it cannot acces the internet. Instead, there is just a blank screen whenever I browse for songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Major stuttering and Spotify radio doesn't remember likes/dislikes

I have two problems, one is that Spotify songs will constantly stutter, even when loading nothing, and when loading a web page the stuttering gets 10x worse. I was talking to comcast last night for about 2 hours and nothing is wrong with my internet ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have two problems, one is that Spotify songs will constantly stutter, even when loading nothing, and when loading a web page the stuttering gets 10x worse. I was talking to comcast last night for a...
  • E-Beats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Radio Is Playing Bad Song Choices

Hello! I've been a Spotify user for quite a few months now. I primarily use the Desktop application, but I also am a mobile user as well. Anyways, I've started the "Pop" radio, which allows me to tailor the radio songs played to what I like. Unfortun...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I've been a Spotify user for quite a few months now. I primarily use the Desktop application, but I also am a mobile user as well.   Anyways, I've started the "Pop" radio, which allow...
  • davida71uk
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Adds conflict with play lists and play over two dozen times in a period of hours!

Hey allany one getting advertisiments that are in complete conflict with the play lists? I listen to jazz for example, and get a thug selling a leveno pro.. and I listened to christmas carols, and got the thug, followed by the thug, followed by the t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all any one getting advertisiments that are in complete conflict with the play lists? I listen to jazz for example, and get a thug selling a leveno pro..  and I listened to christmas carols...
  • AA2014
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist's Bio Info. is Inconsistent

For the artist Robert Johnson, the biography says on the one hand that his jealous girlfriend killed him, but, further down the bio, that some lady's husband killed him. So...how does one go about recommending a correction? Does anyone know, please? ...

• Casual Listener
  • For the artist Robert Johnson, the biography says on the one hand that his jealous girlfriend killed him, but, further down the bio, that some lady's husband killed him.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing a local file after adding tags to it

As the title states, after adding tags to a local file the song stops playing and is completely quiet. If i remove the tags however, it plays fine for some reason. If I try to add tags while it is playing it'll go silent as soon as they are applied. ...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title states, after adding tags to a local file the song stops playing and is completely quiet. If i remove the tags however, it plays fine for some reason. If I try to add tags while it is pl...
  • blufiggs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

DIsappearing songs

Okay Im pissed now, some tracks from Anthrax went missing from my saved playlist and when I entered performer's page it shows not a single track saved. WHat the hell to do now? I cant save tracks to playlist because you delete them and make big mess ...

• Visitor
  • Okay Im pissed now, some tracks from Anthrax went missing from my saved playlist and when I entered performer's page it shows not a single track saved. WHat the hell to do now? I cant save tracks to ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! If I uninstall Spotify do I also lose the cache?

I get an error whenever the Spotify installer attempts the latest update. In order to update to the latest version, it looks as though I'm going to have to uninstall Spotify then re-install. I don't mind this, but I'm on pay-as-you-go Internet and do...

• I get an error whenever the Spotify installer attempts the latest update. In order to update to the latest version, it looks as though I'm going to have to uninstall Spotify then re-install. I don't ...
  • Ant70_2
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Older versions of Spotify client (Full Install)

,==================================================================== | | Welcome to Spotify for Windows Archive by: neo-x | '==================================================================== I have been collecting Spotify versions to the archive ...

• Community Legend
  • ,==================================================================== | | Welcome to Spotify for Windows Archive by: neo-x | '==================================================================== I ...
  • RooDMinD
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 16 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 16 likes

Album art issue

I have imported an album into Spotify but how do I add the album art?

• Regular
  • I have imported an album into Spotify but how do I add the album art?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to downgrade to the previous version?

The new Spotify look is absolutely HORRIBLE (Spotify pulling a Youtube? For **** sake...), and I cannot understand why the hell they don't give us the option to choose between the new look and the old one, so the only solution i can think of is to go...

• Casual Listener
  • The new Spotify look is absolutely HORRIBLE (Spotify pulling a Youtube? For **** sake...), and I cannot understand why the hell they don't give us the option to choose between the new look and the ol...
  • SuperJanCool
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 26 likes

Playlist cover resizing bug

Hi. I'd like to report a bug. Procedure: 1. Enter one of your playlists - playlist should be now displayed on central part. 2. While resizing central widget keep looking at playlist cover - it should resize at some point 3. Try to catch literally at ...

• Hi. I'd like to report a bug. Procedure: 1. Enter one of your playlists - playlist should be now displayed on central part. 2. While resizing central widget keep looking at playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot select and drag songs to playlists anymore

Since the latest update I am not able to select a song (from anywhere: album, playlist...) and drag it to an existing personal playlist. Everything has been working fine until the recent update. Is this on purpose or a bug? version 0.9.15.27.g87efe63...

• Since the latest update I am not able to select a song (from anywhere: album, playlist...) and drag it to an existing personal playlist. Everything has been working fine until the recent update. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you make a recplament song available when spotify does not recognize the song

Hello Everyone, Issue: in SubjectIll try to explain it as easy as possible. I have a lot of playlists and i want to make them available for everyone. Yes i am aware that Spotify replaces the local songs if it is able to find the same song (if metadat...

Naamloos1.png Naamloos2.png
  • Hello Everyone,   Issue: in Subject Ill try to explain it as easy as possible.   I have a lot of playlists and i want to make them available for everyone. Yes i am aware tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify without Websockets

Hello, I am having trouble accessing Spotify at work. With both the web and desktop players, the "logging in..." window just spins forever without any progress. I contacted IT here and they informed me that Spotify is blocked since it uses Websocktes...

• Hello, I am having trouble accessing Spotify at work. With both the web and desktop players, the "logging in..." window just spins forever without any progress.   I contacted IT here and the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

is there a difference in sound between free and premium?

Not sure where to post this. There seems to be no exact place for such a simple question: is there a difference in sound between free and premium? What I am hearing here does not seem to be as good as rdio, or maybe it's just a coincidence based on w...

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure where to post this. There seems to be no exact place for such a simple question: is there a difference in sound between free and premium? What I am hearing here does not seem to be as good...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Installer don't even open

Hei!! I have Windows 7 installed on my computer and I've downloaded spotify's installer, but when I open it, it doens't work. I've tried the compatibility mode and even with another accounts on Windows but nothing seems to work. I'd like to know if s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hei!! I have Windows 7 installed on my computer and I've downloaded spotify's installer, but when I open it, it doens't work. I've tried the compatibility mode and even with another accounts on ...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Matching my MP3s

Hi ! I'm new to Spotify and wanted to know if there is a way to match my personal library of MP3s (for those MP3s that Spotify has). Similar to what Google Music does, so you can access your MP3s on any device through Spotify. Basically it would reco...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi ! I'm new to Spotify and wanted to know if there is a way to match my personal library of MP3s (for those MP3s that Spotify has). Similar to what Google Music does, so you can access your MP3s o...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing downloaded files

i download 4 mixtapes and dragged them into spotify and local files. The songs play on the computer but not on my phone. When i try to play it on my phone a message appears that say to sync the song if i own it. The weird thing is a did the same thin...

• i download 4 mixtapes and dragged them into spotify and local files. The songs play on the computer but not on my phone. When i try to play it on my phone a message appears that say to sync the song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not saving downloaded tracks

I am using Spotify on a windows 8.1 laptop and a number of saved playlists. I can download any of my playlists by moving the toggle. However when I reboot, the toggles are back to OFFLINE mode and no music is downloaded. I have synced also to an andr...

• I am using Spotify on a windows 8.1 laptop and a number of saved playlists.  I can download any of my playlists by moving the toggle.  However when I reboot, the toggles are back to OFFLINE...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes