Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Home Dept ad wont play, causes crash?

Hi I'm using Spotify on my Windows computer and Andriod GS5 and every time the Home Dept ad comes on there is no sound and I am not able to change the song or use the pause/ play button. When I push pause/ play I am given the message of 'you can cont...

• Hi I'm using Spotify on my Windows computer and Andriod GS5 and every time the Home Dept ad comes on there is no sound and I am not able to change the song or use the pause/ play button. When I pus...
  • rifandaizm
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how to create images for playlist

Hi there~ Recently, i created a playlist from my local file. However, there is no image for the playlistdoes any one know how to creat the image for the playlist?thx for the help

• Regular
  • Hi there~  Recently, i created a playlist from my local file. However, there is no image for the playlist does any one know how to creat the image for the playlist? thx for the help
  • holly_helper
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotfiy Doesn't Play Playlists

Here's the issue. Spotify will launch and play everything not added as a playlist, that is, just click on a song in the main browser window. However, when that same song is added to a playlist, it won't play at all. So, no album or song will play onc...

• Regular
  • Here's the issue. Spotify will launch and play everything not added as a playlist, that is, just click on a song in the main browser window. However, when that same song is added to a playl...
  • cmy
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! [Windows]Blank screens

Spotify update: We've posted a workaround to this issue here. Thanks for hanging in there - we're working on a permanent solution. Hi there, I'm a Premium user since 3 years and a half. The first couple of years I was super happy with the whole exper...

• Regular
  • Spotify update: We've posted a workaround to this issue here. Thanks for hanging in there - we're working on a permanent solution.   Hi there,   I'm a Premium user since 3 year...
  • fck-your-signup
  • Casual Listener
  • 106 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 106 replies
  • 5 likes

Move playlist to another account

My son used my account to find some music and added this to a playlist. Now that he has his own account he would like to move that playlist to his own account. Is there any way to do that?

• My son used my account to find some music and added this to a playlist. Now that he has his own account he would like to move that playlist to his own account. Is there any way to do that?
  • dhugg
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

An error occurred. Please try searching again. Desktop issue!

I cannot seem to search for artists or tracks, keeps telling me the above. I can access an artist or the album if I have a track of theirs in my playlist, but cannot search using the search bar. Only seemed to become an issue in the past hour or so. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot seem to search for artists or tracks, keeps telling me the above.   I can access an artist or the album if I have a track of theirs in my playlist, but cannot search using...
  • dagirardin
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 61 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Error 4 - No Internet connection detected

This is the first time it's ever happened - but even though my PC is connected to the Internet, my Spotify account can't detect a connection. I've already tried closing and re-opening Spotify, and have also restarted the computer. It's working fine f...

• Casual Listener
  • This is the first time it's ever happened - but even though my PC is connected to the Internet, my Spotify account can't detect a connection. I've already tried closing and re-opening Spotify, and ...
  • fearandsanity
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Loading problem in spotify app and in web browser

Hi I'm new user and I have some problems in browsing lists in app & browser. It's shows loading indicator all the time. The same problem with top lists. I've tried clean install & it worked for a few seconds but then again its not working. On other P...

1.PNG Przechwytywanie.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi   I'm new user and I have some problems in browsing lists in app & browser. It's shows loading indicator all the time. The same problem with top lists. I've tried clean install & ...
  • a7med701
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playing spotify using airport express

Can I play spotify on my stereo using the airport express? I have a windows laptop...

• Can I play spotify on my stereo using the airport express?   I have a windows laptop...
  • Songthrush
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New iTunes playlists not displaying in Spotify?

Hi there, I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium and intend to start using it as my primary source for music. Unfortunately, Spotify doesn't seem to see all the playlists I've created in iTunes since last spring, when I first tried Spotify. Does Spot...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium and intend to start using it as my primary source for music.    Unfortunately, Spotify doesn't seem to see all the playlists I've...
  • acousticlunatic
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Edit Playlist

Hi I would like to edit my playlist. How do I do it? i.e. Add and remove artists - songs. I can access Spotify from Windows - Mac - Ios so I would be happy to edit my playlist from any environment. Thanks

• Hi I would like to edit my playlist. How do I do it? i.e. Add and remove artists - songs. I can access Spotify from Windows - Mac - Ios so I would be happy to edit my playlist from any environ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify installer won't open, Windows 7

Okay - I've been experiencing some problems with Spotify for a while, but now I can't even install it! It all started when my Spotify tried to update itself, but I got an error saying that Spotify was already running, after which I'd start the task m...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay - I've been experiencing some problems with Spotify for a while, but now I can't even install it! It all started when my Spotify tried to update itself, but I got an error saying that Spotify wa...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lowering volume

Hello! Recently I've been getting quite annoyed when I'm listening to music. Everything is completely fine when browsing the web and such. But once I fire up a game (Guild Wars 2 in this case), the volume level in spotify lowers a bit. I have a Logit...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!    Recently I've been getting quite annoyed when I'm listening to music. Everything is completely fine when browsing the web and such. But once I fire up a game (Guild Wars 2 in ...
  • lgm00
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Can't change the order of the tracks in my playlist after updating to v0.9.15.27.g87efe634

Just like the title says.^ Whenever I try to (re)order the tracks in any of my own playlists it shows the following: http://i.imgur.com/5VXkq1G.jpg According to the forbidden/cant-do icon I don't have permissions. Oh and the search seems to be broken...

• Regular
  • Just like the title says.^   Whenever I try to (re)order the tracks in any of my own playlists it shows the following: http://i.imgur.com/5VXkq1G.jpg   According to the forbidden/ca...
  • Viini1405
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Latest release installation taking a long time.

Hello, I've just logged onto my Spotify to be told to restart Spotify to install latest version. I've done so and 20 minutes later its still installing. I have 30MG broadband so it shouldn't be taking this long. Anyone else had this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I've just logged onto my Spotify to be told to restart Spotify to install latest version. I've done so and 20 minutes later its still installing. I have 30MG broadband so it shouldn't be takin...
  • Dvdthedrgn
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops when switching to another application on Windows 7

In the last week, I have discovered that Spotify will stop playing if I switch focus from Spotify to another application. It is happening persistently and only started very recently. I have noticed it only on my desktop (Windows 7 Home) - it works fi...

• Visitor
  • In the last week, I have discovered that Spotify will stop playing if I switch focus from Spotify to another application. It is happening persistently and only started very recently. I have noticed i...
  • avec112
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why was CTRL+F removed/not released in latest version?

I have read anwsers to other posts saying that it hasn't been added to the new version yet... so ok.... but why...? I just can't seem to understand why you would make a release without something so basic... I mean now I have to scroll through hundred...

• Visitor
  • I have read anwsers to other posts saying that it hasn't been added to the new version yet... so ok.... but why...?    I just can't seem to understand why you would make a release witho...
  • seanp426
  • Music Fan
  • 17 replies
  • 37 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 37 likes

Solved!! Application is not installed while searching

Description I have a message "Application is not installed" while entering search result (artist hit) A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Type an artist name 2. From search results, pick artist name 3. Error occured... What I expecte...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I have a message "Application is not installed" while entering search result (artist hit)   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Type an artist name...
  • funkbus1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Control + F (Search within a playlist)

Im not sure why this feature would be removed, but please bring it back. Its essential.

• Im not sure why this feature would be removed, but please bring it back. Its essential.
  • Anon31
  • Casual Listener
  • 34 replies
  • 55 likes
  • Windows
  • 34 replies
  • 55 likes