Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Friend Activity feed is not showing my friends' recently played songs

As I said in the title, my Friend Activity feed isn't showing my friends' recently played songs. I have a Windows OS and have my Spotify up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling...

• As I said in the title, my Friend Activity feed isn't showing my friends' recently played songs. I have a Windows OS and have my Spotify up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Desktop client "This song is not available..."

Greetings,Getting a "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." message with nearly every song played on a Windows 7 PC. Started getting the message after an update this afternoon was installed. Subsequently...

• Casual Listener
  • Greetings, Getting a "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." message with nearly every song played on a Windows 7 PC. Started getting the message after...
  • tidewater
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify em IPV6 no Brasil

Boa tarde Não consigo usar o spotify em rede Ipv6. Alguém no brasil consegiu?Estou com endereços Ipv6 em todos meus dispositivos. Acesso Google , Uol, Globo.com normalmente. mas quando vou ouvir spotify em Ipv6 ele fica off line . ou seja ele não esc...

• Boa tarde   Não consigo usar o spotify em rede Ipv6. Alguém no brasil consegiu? Estou com endereços Ipv6 em todos meus dispositivos. Acesso Google , Uol, Globo.com normalmente. mas quando vou...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Minor sound reduction when sound plays in other games

Hey all, When I play games alone (Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Minecraft, Civilization) I usually listen to music at the same time. I've noticed that when any of these applications is making any noise, the volume output by Spotify is reduced very sl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,     When I play games alone (Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Minecraft, Civilization) I usually listen to music at the same time. I've noticed that when any of these applicatio...
  • JSalajka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Good for music

i like the music you put on here i love it so much its like 5 stars *****

• i like the music you put on here i love it so much its like 5 stars *****
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playable Songs Now Unplayable?

Well, today I went to play one of my favourite songs, Wish You Were Here, but on the album it was dark and didn't have the play button. 2 songs on the album were playable, but the rest were the same as Wish You Were Here, unplayable. These songs were...

• Well, today I went to play one of my favourite songs, Wish You Were Here, but on the album it was dark and didn't have the play button. 2 songs on the album were playable, but the rest were the same ...
  • ChristiaanGrit
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song crossfade does not work

The option to crossfade songs is only working with shuffle mode. Is there any reason for this? I love crossfade because it makes listening to music one long stream of endless music instead of seperate songs. Even if the genre is compeletely different...

• Regular
  • The option to crossfade songs is only working with shuffle mode. Is there any reason for this? I love crossfade because it makes listening to music one long stream of endless music instead of seperat...
  • tomriddle
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mini Player Concept

So the Spotify app decided to update itself, but when I clicked the close button there was another tab that said it was aborting. The problem was that that tab is still there after a day. I tried closing it but it doesn't work.

• Regular
  • So the Spotify app decided to update itself, but when I clicked the close button there was another tab that said it was aborting. The problem was that that tab is still there after a day. I tried clo...
  • gareth8
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where did icons go?

I liked those icons, I like visuals They were making the navigation easier. Now its just a green stick moving up and down :{ For what reason you guys wanted to remove all those icons... Also all other icons/buttons got smaller (it's harder to click y...

• Casual Listener
  • I liked those icons, I like visuals  😕   They were making the navigation easier. Now its just a green stick moving up and down :{   For what reason you guys wanted to remove all t...
  • gareth8
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Album list disappeared

I signed in today and my list of saved albums is gone. If I search an artist, it still shows albums that I saved previously as saved. How do I get my album list back?

• I signed in today and my list of saved albums is gone. If I search an artist, it still shows albums that I saved previously as saved. How do I get my album list back?
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Allow the user to put playback buttons on the left side of the window

I'm not the biggest fan of the new U.I. in the new Spotify desktop version update, specifically how all the playback buttons were moved to the center of the window. I find it to be much more efficient to have the playback buttons at the left side of ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not the biggest fan of the new U.I. in the new Spotify desktop version update, specifically how all the playback buttons were moved to the center of the window. I find it to be much more efficien...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Audio from music video / songs cut off

So...I don't know whats happening, but I listen to Spotify on my PC and some of the songs seem to play the audio from the music video. What I mean by that is if there is something that happens in the video, like someone speaking before the song or so...

• Casual Listener
  • So... I don't know whats happening, but I listen to Spotify on my PC and some of the songs seem to play the audio from the music video. What I mean by that is if there is something that happens in t...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App Login Failed

So I was trying to log into the app on my PC but it tells me my password is wrong. If I login to spotfiy on the normal website it works perfectly fine. Any fix to this?

• Visitor
  • So I was trying to log into the app on my PC but it tells me my password is wrong. If I login to spotfiy on the normal website it works perfectly fine. Any fix to this?
  • HLo
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

64 Bit Version on Windows soon?

Is there going to be an 64 Bit version for Windows any time soon?

• Is there going to be an 64 Bit version for Windows any time soon?
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! My windows client will not import windows media player playlists. Nothing happens when I click.

Does WMP need to be installed in order to import playlists? If so, given my windows 8 does not include WMP (it cannot be installed), how can I get my playlists into spotify. I have imported my music library already, but the massive missing link for m...

• Visitor
  • Does WMP need to be installed in order to import playlists?   If so, given my windows 8 does not include WMP (it cannot be installed), how can I get my playlists into spotify.  I have i...
  • sperguy
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! View my friends playlists

I can't find the list with all my firends where i can view theire playlists, where do i find this now?

• Regular
  • I can't find the list with all my firends where i can view theire playlists, where do i find this now?
  • iveeforbes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Error 412

I have searched these forums for an answer but nothing seems to have worked. Every time I try to log in I keep getting the 412 Error http://i.imgur.com/b5mMMM7.png I have uninstalled/reinstalled about four times now. Restarted between them, cleared l...

• Regular
  • I have searched these forums for an answer but nothing seems to have worked.   Every time I try to log in I keep getting the 412 Error http://i.imgur.com/b5mMMM7.png   I have u...
  • Juli3n_b
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Support for High-DPI screens Windows

This was posted two months ago by someone else, but I feel that it is too important to be ignored. I have a QHD resolution Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop, and I use Spotify almost constantly. However, I almost never use the desktop app; with DPI scaling, t...

• This was posted two months ago by someone else, but I feel that it is too important to be ignored. I have a QHD resolution Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop, and I use Spotify almost constantly. However, I al...
  • ogarza
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 86 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 86 likes

Solved!! No puedo abrir Spotify

Hola gente Lo primero dar las gracias por el soporte y la ayuda que prestáis. Quisiera informaros de que desde hace unos días no puedo abrir mi Spotify, pruebo pero se queda cargando y finalmente deja de cargar y no abre el programa. Pense en desinst...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola gente Lo primero dar las gracias por el soporte y la ayuda que prestáis. Quisiera informaros de que desde hace unos días no puedo abrir mi Spotify, pruebo pero se queda cargando y finalmente...
  • SirPaulusV
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SpotifyWebHelper has stopped working

Everyday, I get this error message about 12 times everyday and it's very annoying... Is there anyway to fix this or stop it from coming up? Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SpotifyWebHelper.exe Application Version: 0....

SpotifyWebHelper
  • Regular
  •  Everyday, I get this error message about 12 times everyday and it's very annoying... Is there anyway to fix this or stop it from coming up?     Problem signature: Problem...
  • Gundul91
  • Regular
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes