Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • shark1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Synchonize an other newly created account with Facebook

Hello, people. I just created a new Spotify account, so I wouldn't have to go to the trouble of deleting my playlists one by one. Thing is, I also want to synchronize that new account with my Facebook profile, which in itself is still associated with...

• Visitor
  • Hello, people.   I just created a new Spotify account, so I wouldn't have to go to the trouble of deleting my playlists one by one. Thing is, I also want to synchronize that new account with...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile recently played song?

Hi, I just wonder do the profiles on Spotify just show last played artis or is it possible ot make it show last played songs? And sorry if asked 1000times...

• Hi, I just wonder do the profiles on Spotify just show last played artis or is it possible ot make it show last played songs?   And sorry if asked 1000times...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help With Raising/Lowering Volume With Keyboard

I'm using a Logitech K360 keyboard currently that has buttons for play/pause, forward, backward, volume up, volume down, and mute. I usually play music with spotify while playing games, but the only hotkeys on my keyboard that work with spotify are t...

• I'm using a Logitech K360 keyboard currently that has buttons for play/pause, forward, backward, volume up, volume down, and mute. I usually play music with spotify while playing games, but the only ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! The end of Spotify App on Desktop platform?!

Hi, I saw a notice that in next updates Spotify will going to kill its Apps on Desktop Client Service!?Check here. https://gigaom.com/2014/11/03/spotify-kills-its-app-platform-three-years-after-its-launch/

• Roadie
  • Hi, I saw a notice that in next updates Spotify will going to kill its Apps on Desktop Client Service!? Check here. https://gigaom.com/2014/11/03/spotify-kills-its-app-platform-three-years-after-i...
  • krikelin
  • Community Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't Delete Playlists

Whenever I delete a playlist thru the Spotify Desktop app in Windows, within a minute or so the playlist reappears. I also can't rearrange my playlists. Same problem. After a minute or so they go back to the same order they were. Please help. would r...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I delete a playlist thru the Spotify Desktop app in Windows, within a minute or so the playlist reappears. I also can't rearrange my playlists. Same problem. After a minute or so they go bac...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No sound for 2 months. I'm done.

This is a problem for many I've found but no help from Spotify itself other than "Make sure your volume is turrned up." I've uninstalled it. I'm amazed there is no answer for this issue that so many have. Mine just stopped while in the middle of play...

• Regular
  • This is a problem for many I've found but no help from Spotify itself other than "Make sure your volume is turrned up." I've uninstalled it.  I'm amazed there is no answer for this issue that so...
  • nanrector
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help pleaese! Posted before but not fixed

I have reinstalled multiple times but nothing is working!! Got premium to see if it would make a difference somehow but nope nothing!! Please help its frustrating!

• Casual Listener
  • I have reinstalled multiple times but nothing is working!! 😕 Got premium to see if it would make a difference somehow but nope nothing!! Please help its frustrating! 
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't show similar artist tab.

Hello everyone, Since this morning spotify doesn't show the similar artists tab for a lot of artists (see below -> Overzicht = Overview & Biografie = Biography). Does anyone know what the problem may be? Thanks, Wes

Naamloos.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   Since this morning spotify doesn't show the similar artists tab for a lot of artists (see below -> Overzicht = Overview & Biografie = Biography).    ...
  • subscriber360
  • Casual Listener
  • 32 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 32 replies
  • 5 likes

QUESTION ABOUT OFFLINE SWITCH IN MY SONGS FOLDER

Hello, sorry for my english, it´s not my mother tongue. I am trying to put songs offline in the desktop version of spotify but I see there is no posible to switch to available offline in the My Music/Songs section, but in the playlist that is posible...

• Visitor
  • Hello, sorry for my english, it´s not my mother tongue. I am trying to put songs offline in the desktop version of spotify but I see there is no posible to switch to available offline in the My Music...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Left side frame will not allow me to adjust it wide enough

Currently I am only able to drag the desktop's left side frame to a width which is not wide enough for me to read all of the text in my Playlists. I would like to be able to drag it further towards the right. I turned off the Activity frame on the ri...

• Gig Goer
  • Currently I am only able to drag the desktop's left side frame to a width which is not wide enough for me to read all of the text in my Playlists. I would like to be able to drag it further towards t...
  • vbartoloma
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Tab

I cannot find the discover tab that I used to have. I have searched the web and found that it is now located under browse but it is not showing up there for me. I only have the options of overview, top lists, genres&moods, news, new releases, and hig...

• I cannot find the discover tab that I used to have.  I have searched the web and found that it is now located under browse but it is not showing up there for me.  I only have the options of...
  • jmalibeeson
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Follow button bug

Since a few days the embedded follow button doesn't display number of followers on website where it's activated.It has been always working good before. http://www.soundofus.com http://twitter.com/soundofus

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Since a few days the embedded follow button doesn't display number of followers on website where it's activated. It has been always working good before.   http://www.soundofus.com http://...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing a song plays my local files instead

I have created a playlist by right-clicking an album title and then choosing "Add to..." / "New Playlist". In my local files there are live versions of the tracks on the album. Playing this playlist plays the live version from my local files instead ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have created a playlist by right-clicking an album title and then choosing "Add to..." / "New Playlist".   In my local files there are live versions of the tracks on the album.   ...
  • Tommycockles15
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Available offline for albums and songs

I understand that the available offline feature for Desktop is only enabled for playlists and not for albums / songs (which makes no sense). But on Android app, you can make anything available offline including albums and songs. Why the difference in...

• Regular
  • I understand that the available offline feature for Desktop is only enabled for playlists and not for albums / songs (which makes no sense). But on Android app, you can make anything available offlin...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes as soon as i try to input my password [Windows 8]

Hello, my spotify completely freezes as soon as i touch the password bar. It won't even let me attempt to log in.I've already looked around the forum for a solution and i've tried several of them already.The only thing so far that worked temporarily ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, my spotify completely freezes as soon as i touch the password bar. It won't even let me attempt to log in. I've already looked around the forum for a solution and i've tried several of them a...
  • Arzanite
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how to stop streaming?

The streaming message keeps on annoying me and I want some answers to stop it.... Thanks root3287

• Casual Listener
  • The streaming message keeps on annoying me and I want some answers to stop it.... Thanks root3287
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Public playlist - strange behaviour

So it's like this ... I used to have one account for all the family but the playlists were getting clogged up with my sons crazy tunes. So I upgraded from premium to family with one extra account and gave that to the rest of the family for use on the...

• Visitor
  • ...nd the best way I could find to do this was to make my personal playlists public, log off the windows client, log on as the family account and copy the playlists to playlists in the family account.&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My play history and play queue disappeared

So... I use the Windows deskptop app, and about a week ago I was reading a music blog, clicked on a "Listen" link, and it unexpectedly opened the app. While the desktop app loaded, the track didn't, so I decided to just listen to whatever was in my p...

• Regular
  • So... I use the Windows deskptop app, and about a week ago I was reading a music blog, clicked on a "Listen" link, and it unexpectedly opened the app.   While the desktop app loade...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! minimise to tray

Hello. I read already several topics about the minimise to tray option. Solution so fa,r was right click on taskbar and activate minimise to tray. This works for my win 8.1 PC. On my win 7 64x I dont have this option. if i right click the taskbar ico...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   I read already several topics about the minimise to tray option. Solution so fa,r was right click on taskbar and activate minimise to tray. This works for my win 8.1 PC. On ...
  • MKSKORP
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect to facebook via regular account

I can't connect to facebook with my regular spotify account. Previously I created an account with my facebook account, but I want to keep using my regular account but connect it to facebook. When I try to connect, I get the facebook login screen, and...

• I can't connect to facebook with my regular spotify account.   Previously I created an account with my facebook account, but I want to keep using my regular account but connect it to faceboo...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes