Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

I use the Spotify desktop app. When I copy an album link to the Windows clipboard, it used to have the format "spotify:album:(...)", so that using this link later on the album would show in the desktop app. Recently this seems to have changed: The album links now refer to the web browser, the links start with "https://open.spotify.com/album/ (...)". I can change that manually in an editor app, but this is very annoying because it has to be done for every single album link. Can you please change that feature back to the way it was previously?

5 Replies

Hey @tomriddle, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The links you're referring to is the URI. Do you see the option to do this following these steps:

• Go to the three dots next to the track you want to share
  • Go to the Share menu
  • Select 'Copy Spotify URI' from the second menu

There's also more info about the URI here.

Keep me updated!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Billy-J
The picture in the other article shows the way it was before. In my Spotify app there is no "Copy Spotify URI" any more, only "Copy album link" (or song link).

Could this be related to the fact that I recently re-installed the Spotify app from Microsoft store (instead from the Spotify homepage)?

EDIT: No, it does not, I checked with both versions. The "Share" menu is missing the "copy Spotify URI" option.

Hey @tomriddle,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I took a closer look for you and this isn't an option anymore on Desktop. I'd recommend leaving your feedback on the feedback thread.

Hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HELPING people would mean that you stop taking away useful features from them.

Spotify might lose one more paying customer in the near future.

There is kind of a "solution" after all (I read this in the feedback thread): Hold down the ALT key while opening the "share" menu, then you can copy the Spotify URI.

Suggested posts