Free

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My friend feed was working fine yesterday. I could see what my friends were playing. Now in the right side bar it says "See what your friends are playing" with a button to find friends. I'm following the same people, so I don't know why this is happening. 

spotify.JPG
5 Replies

Also I checked my settings, show friend activity is on. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling. This was working fine yesterday.

I have the exact same issue, friends activity feed as well. I'm hoping this is a server related problem and not some update implementing a feature reduction.

Update: logging out of the desktop client and logging back in fixed the issue.

Update 2: only a few days have passed and the problem is back, logging out en back in doesn't fix the issue any longer. Reinstalling including clearing all local spotify folders didn't resolve the issue. I'm starting to think some server changes are being rolled out and this a symptom. Waiting to see this fixed.

Also there is a known issue here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Friend-Feed-not-updating-correctly/idi-p/4409453/pag...
Please use the vote button to (hopefully) increase attention to this issue.

Same issue.   Logging out of the desktop client and logging back doesnt work.

I'm using it from spain and I have the exact same problem, it only shows my friends that are listening to music in this moment, but not what they've been listening hours ago. I've logged out and back in and it's not fixed. I hope this is not part of the new update. 

Have the exact same issue, it always showed me what I thought was curiously only a few friends (when I know a lot more of my FB friends listen to Spotify) but now it's down to 0, and when I click on 'find friends' it only shows me one (!) Facebook friend, whereas I have about 500 and at least 80 of them use Spotify.

I also tried uninstalling, reinstalling, logging in both with Facebook and without, deleted the Facebook app etc. None of this changed anything.

Suggested posts