NEXT STEP

Gap at top of screen / not fullscreen when opening from System Tray

Gap at top of screen / not fullscreen when opening from System Tray

Plan: Premium

Device: Desktop PC

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

When I open Spotify from the system tray, there's a large gap at the top of the screen and part of the Spotify window dips below the taskbar.

3.png

It’s very annoying because you can actually click through the gap at the top and accidentally close the windows behind Spotify. In the picture below, the red close button is actually from Google Chrome.

4.png

13 Replies

this is happening to me too

Hey @CrummyWizard and @awhiskin

That's a weird issue!

I suggest turning off hardware acceleration - click the three dots upper-left, go to View and click on Hardware Acceleration. The app will restart.

Also, make sure to install any Windows updates, especially updates for some kinds of drivers.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Sebasty,

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately the issue continues to occur even after disabling hardware acceleration and restarting Spotify

I have the same issue on one of my machines, the other is mostly fine. Both are Windows 10 x64.

One obvious difference - the affected one is with a 4K display and 200% scaling, the unaffected - 1920x1200 at 125% scaling.

What's your setup?

@mcc1ane:

I'm running my monitor at 3440 x 1440 resolution @ 100% scaling.

I've tested it by changing my resolution down to 2560 x 1080 and other lower resolutions, but it continued to happen.

Hi,

I have this problem too, and with an other program (discord). The problem appear after i plugged my TV (4k resolution) on the pc. Seems related to the resolution.

Hi, me too, It happens to me since the Windows 10 April Update.

I'm having the same issue, and it's consistently reproducible. For me, whenever I first open Spotify in fullscreen mode, there's ALWAYS this 1 or 2 pixel gap at the very bottom. If I toggle to windowed mode and then go back to fullscreen mode, it ALWAYS has the gap at the top similar to OP's screenshot. Finally, if I toggle to window mode and the back to fullscreen mode one more time, it seems to figure everything out and be fine... But that order of operations has to happen for me each time that I open Spotify to get rid of the weird rendering issues. Also note: I have my Windows start bar on the left side of my screen, so if other people don't have the same 1 to 2 pixel gap at first then it could be due to that.
Untitled1.png
Untitled2.png

I have the same problem. Toggling maximize window for a few times fixes it but after minimizing Spotify to tray, problem persists. Any solutions ?

Screen Capture.PNG

Also have this exact issue, but it's non Spotify specific. As the problem occurs on discord too but can be fixed in both cases if you minimize then maximize the window again, the problem comes back after you close either app to tray, or if you move the monitor they are being displayed on. I'm certain that both monitors are at the correct resolution and that my display drivers are updated. I know others who are experiencing the same issues consistently after the windows april update.

Untitled.png

I've noticed this exact issue also happens in Discord and Chrome Remote Desktop, which leads me to believe it may have something to do with the Chromium Framework. Hope this helps in some way 🙂

Just received a new Windows Update (17134.191) but the bug is still not fixed.

Appears, for me at least the issue is fixed on windows version 1803, build 17134.228

Suggested posts