Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Proxy isn't working with the latest versions

Solved!

Proxy isn't working with the latest versions

I'm using Windows Desktop app (not windows store app) and can't get the newer versions of spotify to run to my proxy server. It keeps saying it's offline.

I have to install an old version, from around mars to get it working.

But unfortunately spotify automatically updates to the latest version on each restart so i have to install an old version each time i start my computer and try not to restart spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

3 Replies

Hey @Eikido, thanks for writing!

It's not ideal that this is happening. In this case, it'd be awesome if you could follow these steps:

• Log out of your current Spotify session.
  • On the login screen, click on the "Settings" button you'll find at the bottom of the window.
  • On the box right beside "Proxy type", select "Auto Detect".
  • Once you've done that, try logging back in and see if everything returns to normal.
  • If you're still experiencing the same issue, try selecting "No Proxy" from the previous box instead.
  • Log back in.

This should allow Spotify to be connected correctly to your network. In case these steps don't work, try giving the app a clean reinstall and follow the steps one more time.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂 

Marked as solution

The moderator is lying. There is an outstanding issue listed here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Proxy-not-working-since-1-0-83-318/m-p/4543839#M635...

Absolutely wonderful togenshi

Exactly the answer i was expecting.

Now i am absolutely buffeled that they haven't fixed the issue for such a long time.

Suggested posts