Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Genre links in other genres pages doesn't work

Genre links in other genres pages doesn't work

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

Dell Inspiron

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a strange issue. I can't press Genres links on desktop Windows app. For example in Classical music genre, or in Folk genre It is same. Let's get example: I can't press or click the link on classical epoches in Classical genre page. I don't know, how to say It in English, because I mostly use Spotify in My language, in Slovak.

One important note: I use keyboard and screen reader, because I am blind.

Please, could You look on this issue?

Thank You.

Best regards

Marco Oros

7 Replies

Adding reply:

So, I haven't got any reply from You, so I'll add next information. In web player everything works fine, but in desktop app no. Also, in Android everything works fine. Please, could You look on It and fix this problem?

Thank You.

Hey @Noguri,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. Accessibility has always been a top priority here at Spotify and we're always looking for ways to improve. 

That being said, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out and report this. We've tested it on our end and were able to reproduce the behavior. We'll forward the report to our tech team and we'll keep you posted on any updates in this thread.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've informed about this problem to Spotify community a day a go. Ofcourse, I've tested It on various networks with various friends (both blind and sighted) and We have same problems on desktop app. But It happens only with subgenres in genres. Also, there is difference between web player UI and ofcourse, desktop app for Windows UI.

You know, if there is a problem, there exists a solution. It is sometimes same, like with puzzles.

Hey @Noguri,

Thanks for your reply.

We're happy to say that this is now working as expected in the web player and a fix will be deployed in the next version of the desktop app.

Thank you again for reporting this! We're here for you if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm wayting to the next Spotify update of Spotify for Windows. Problem isn't still fixed, so I must use both desktop and webplayer.

Clicking the "See all categories" button in podcast does nothing since Spotify updated the PC app.

I'm also experiencing this issue. Clicking the button does nothing and I can't find another way to see the page with all categories. I'm using the desktop app.

App Version Info:

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.2.35.663.gb699649e

Machine Details:

Macbook Pro with M1 pro chip

Running Ventura 13.4.1

Suggested posts