Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Glitching while playing

Glitching while playing

Hi,

There are periodical glitches while I am playing Spotify on Windows 11.  Does anyone know what may be causing it?

thx!

My Question or Issue

6 Replies

Hey @antropod,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome 🙂

We'd like to gather as much information as possible to be able to help you. Just to confirm, are you using the desktop app or the web player? Do you notice if this is happening in both of them? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? If possible, you can create a hotspot with a cellphone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, if you haven't yet and you have installed the desktop app, we recommend performing a clean reinstall of it on your computer to see if this makes a difference.

We'll keep an eye on your response!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

I performed some tests and it looks like the issue could be happening with Bluetooth connected devices:
Test results
Wired
Bluetooth
glitching
Headphones 1

no
Speake r1 (Sony SRS)

no

Speaker 1 (Sony SRS)
yes

Speaker 2 (Aiwa Exos 9)
yes

Headphones 1 (Sony WH-1000xm3)
yes

test.jpg

Hey @antropod,

Thanks for your reply and for the detailed info shared 🙂

In this case, we suggest that, if you're using a WiFi network, turn it off and check if that makes a difference when using the Bluetooth connected devices. Try it and let us know how it goes like that.

On another note, it's worth updating your sound codec, or trying to download a different one to verify if something changes.

We'll keep an eye on your response.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

1. I can't do the WiFI test you are suggesting because my laptop can't  connect to the internet directly with a cable - it doesn't have this port anymore. 
  2. I performed one more test to confirm that the problem is with the connection between the laptop and the speaker. Glitching wasn't occurring when I connected my phone (Bluetooth) to the same speaker. 
  3. I also turned off high intensity software during playback to see if this makes a difference - it didn't. 
  4. with regards to the sound codec, I have to check with Dell because they are my direct technical support. 

Hey @antropod

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried reinstalling the app following the steps @AlejaR sent previously? Also, we suggest that you try checking if the OS of your PC has any pending updates. 

On another note, take your time to check with Dell the sound codec updates and let us know how it goes, since this seems isolated to your computer's Bluetooth connectivity.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts