Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Has the shuffle function been fixed yet?

Has the shuffle function been fixed yet?

I recently put together a huge playlist for me and a few friends to listen/add to as and when - currently sitting at just over 12 hours long - however when using the shuffle function I'm still hearing the same 30 or so songs over and over again. It's infuriating because all I want to do is just have it play the entire playlist before repeating songs, like literally any other shuffle function in any player but it just doesn't happen. I don't suppose there is a fix or a thread posted that I've missed? I tried doing my research but all I can find is outdated posts of people complaining about the same issue. For clarification I listen on Windows desktop and Android and I have been paying for premium for approx a year give or take.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

My developer network and music network friends suggest I offer you the following "Shuffle" steps as an alternative for some buggy Spotify players--

Spoiler
Using Spotify version 1.0.20.101 running under XP-- verified again December 29, 2016  18:36:44.

Happy New Year!

- Prepare an empty Playlist that you name "Randomized" and drag into that empty Randomized playlist a "Stub track".

- Go to the WebPage http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/basic-text-tools/sort-text-lines/

- Ctrl-A, DeleteKey to clear that screen

- Copy into that nowBlankScreen your whole 9999 track playlist that you want to TrulyShuffle

- Then click the "Random" button-- which is the middle at the top of the browser screen

- Click the RadioButton on "Dos" at the bottom of that screen, in the middle

- Then, just to the left of the "Dos" radioButton, click the Blue "Save As" button-- by default the Randomized playlist will then appear in the Dos file "output.txt" in your browser.

- Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C in the file "output.txt" to copy that whole randomized playlist into the Buffer.

- Click on the "Stub track" in your otherwise empty "Randomized" playlist you made above.

- Under Edit in the top left of your Spotify player, click Paste-- Give the system two minutes to complete the processing of the Paste.

- Voilà  -- or 😞  -- which?

- There are bugs in the Spotify Copy, Cut, Delete, ... functions-- some of the replacements for the above detailed steps work in the buggy Spotify players and some don't.

======
I use only the Spotify player 0.9.15.27 running under Vista to do all of my shuffle and maintenance of my 75,314 track "Your Music"-- Much simpler and unified under a sensible "Folder" that I can sort immediately across all 75K tracks by Artist / Album by one click.

Then I cut from my randomized playlist to a 9000 track SubPlaylist-- one 9000 track SubPlaylist for each device-- Thus no repeats even among mobile devices-- ever.

======

Still with me?  (I laugh.  We have to laugh, right?)

The music on Spotify is worth all that it takes to get all that music stacked into a Non-Repeating AllOfSpotify "radio" that works across all devices!

Suggested posts