Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hide the song on desktop app

Hide the song on desktop app

I cannot hide the song on desktop app. The song keeps playing after a couple of time. It is so annoying. I found out that someone get the same trouble for a long time. Why do you keep it?
3 Replies

Hi there @baotriet110,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Currently the Hide song function is not synched across devices. This means that if you hide a song on Desktop in your Discover Weekly for example, this song might be playable on mobile or another platform (TV/ Smart speaker etc.). In turn, if you play a song on another device it will become visible and playable on Desktop.

Even though this is not synched across devices, the recommendations algorithm learns from what you Like and what you Hide, so it will give you less songs, similar to ones you've hidden.

If you really don't like hearing songs from an artist, on Mobile open the artist page > click the 3-dot menu > activate the option Don't play this. This will block all content from that artist on all devices.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How do you "hide a song on Desktop"? 

Yeah, the algorithm is obviously biased towards certain songs and I find no option to hide on desktop. I've been paying for Spotify since '07 and things have gotten worse lately. 

Suggested posts