Home page does not load on both desktop app and web player

Plan

Premium

Country

Vietnam

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As the title have stated, the home page does not load on both my desktop app and web player (mobile app still works). This happens across multiple devices and on different internet connections and specific to my account only. When I switch to another account of mine (on free plan), everything still works fine. I've tried to log out, reinstall but nothing seemed to work.

Screenshot 2022-08-11 091639.png
Screenshot 2022-08-11 091713.png
Top Answer
Yordan

Hey folks,

There's currently an issue on Mac where the Home page fails to load. If you're experiencing this, make sure to leave the requested details in the thread here. We'll keep everyone posted there as soon as we have any updates from our tech team.

Take care.

55 Replies

idk if this is helpful but the web player now works normally. desktop app still shows error

Today I can see the home page in store and web spotify.  I'll report back if it disappears again.

And it is gone again on store spotify but still there on web.

problem keeps fixing itself in a day then shows up again

i think it has something to do with podcasts. whenever the desktop app works there is a blank 'your shows' row. but when the error shows up then that row does not appear on the web player 

Hi folks, 

Thanks for your posts.

We've passed on this information to the teams working on this issue.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

apparently the newest update fixed this

I updated the app sunday and now it seems fixed.

I'm still getting this on 1.1.94.874.g837ef43a. Doesn't seem to be an update available.

That is the version I have since sunday and it is fixed for me.

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

@Mop3 we're glad everything is working now as it should 🙂

@Maeldor, you can check for possible new version updates in the three dot menu that you can find in the left-top of your screen in the desktop app. There, select Help> About Spotify. If there’s a new version available, you’ll see a button “restart to install”.

If that doesn’t do the trick and your computer has OS Windows, keep in mind it's possible to download the app from both the Microsoft Store and our Web page here. So in this case, if you installed the desktop app from the web page, try to uninstall that version and try installing the one from the Microsoft one or vice versa.

We'll be here, keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Thanks for the suggestions. I can happily say it seems to have resolved itself without an intervention from me.

Hey @Maeldor,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that the issue has been resolved for you as well. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of restarts for the changes on the backend to kick in 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care!

MihailYModerator

Am on the most recent IOs (Mac) and most recent Spotify app for the computer. My home page won't load for a few days now. The playlists are there and music plays, but the home page just says "something went wrong" every time. Works fine on my iPhone. How does Spotify fix itself in this situation on my mac? Thanks!

2023 - experiencing similar issue - home page will not load - have reinstalled the app 3 times and trying once more. 

MacBook Air 2020 m1

In Vietnam
Recently updated Mac OS to Sonoma - and that could be the problem - but my wife has the same setup and operating system and network and has no problem with her home page. 

Hey folks,

There's currently an issue on Mac where the Home page fails to load. If you're experiencing this, make sure to leave the requested details in the thread here. We'll keep everyone posted there as soon as we have any updates from our tech team.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts