Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I turn on the informations about the song, the Artist etc. again?

How can I turn on the informations about the song, the Artist etc. again?

Hey there,
I recently went through my Spotify settings to check some things out. I clicked on "See what your friends are playing" and the right side exchanged the informations about the artist, monthly listeners etc. with the friends overlay. I honestly really liked the design with the huge song / album cover at the top and all the informations and I would like to get it back... but I don't know how... I searched everything in the settings and cant find a solution... Please help me! 😞 I am using Spotify on my Desktop (Windows).
9 Replies

I accidentally closed the right window with the artist info and the next in queue and can't seem to get it back on, before the update it used to be next to the mic (lyrics) icon

Hi there,

Thanks for the post.

Can you send us a screenshot of how things look on your end? We'll do our best to help you access all the features you're unable to find.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Having the same issue.

As of a few weeks ago, artist info was displayed on the right side of the window, but after closing it I cant seem ton find a way to get it to reappear. Would appreciate any help and solutions!

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 10.18.23 AM.png

Hey @SimonLiz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The feature you're mentioning was a test made for some of the users to improve the listening experience. Since this was a test, it cannot be turned on again until the feature gets officially released, but keep in mind that we cannot assure you if this feature will be officially released or not yet.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We're sorry that this means you're not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment, but we hope you'll continue using it and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hey oscar, can u guys get it together and just make it toggleable for all users. I just accidentally closed it too and now I'm going insane cause you're telling me I can't get it back. I don't understand why u guys do this. You should make it a feature for premium users to just be able to experiment with these new features instead of just blindly throwing darts at a board. 

Oh, that's a pity. I liked it too.

Most bizarre approach to testing a feature ... if you accidentally turn it off you cannot get it back... never heard of that strategy before.

Crazy way to 'test' a feature like that. Why not just roll it out with the ability to toggle on/off? Too many interns perhaps.

It sounds like you accidentally enabled the "See what your friends are playing" feature on Spotify desktop. This hides the artist and song info to show what your friends are listening to. To get the song info back, simply click on the "See what your friends are playing" text on the right side of the window. This will disable the feature and bring back the familiar artist, song title, and other information you're used to seeing.

Suggested posts