Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do l log into the Windows Spotify application with Apple ID?

Solved!

How do l log into the Windows Spotify application with Apple ID?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Lenovo Yoga 920

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've set up my new Spotify account and I am using Apple ID. I am wondering if there is a way to sign in with my Apple ID?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Xeno1985! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I don't think this is possible right now.

But you can suggest it in the Ideas section. And maybe it will get implemented soon. ^^   *Suggest Idea*

Peace

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Xeno1985 and @Nico,

Thank you for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

It's good to consider that you can also use your Apple ID email and choose a new password to log in on your Windows device. After, you’ll be able to access your account using the “Sign in with Apple” option on your Apple device (with the old password) as well as to access it on your Windows using the "classic" login button (with the new password).

It'd be also good to take a look at this Spotify Answer if you'd like to know more about "Sign in with Apple" and how it works. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Xeno1985! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I don't think this is possible right now.

But you can suggest it in the Ideas section. And maybe it will get implemented soon. ^^   *Suggest Idea*

Peace

Thanks for taking the time to answer the question Nico.

Have submitted the idea based on your recommendation!

Stay safe!

@Xeno1985 

No problem!

One thing tho. I see you've posted yours under the last Ideas review.

But you need to post directly as a new idea.

Click on this link to post it directly to the ideas board so that everybody can see it.

Peace

Hey Nico,

really sorry for that.

I’ve submitted the idea now.

Marked as solution

Hey @Xeno1985 and @Nico,

Thank you for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

It's good to consider that you can also use your Apple ID email and choose a new password to log in on your Windows device. After, you’ll be able to access your account using the “Sign in with Apple” option on your Apple device (with the old password) as well as to access it on your Windows using the "classic" login button (with the new password).

It'd be also good to take a look at this Spotify Answer if you'd like to know more about "Sign in with Apple" and how it works. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Mario,

I will give this a shot. I will let you know how I go.

Just note, I think for some of the more technical people this solution may be fine but for people who don’t use technology as much, they may struggle with this confusing process.

Hello, are you still looking for an answer to this ? 

You could do a trick to log in on windows. I just found out that you could connect your spotify to Facebook from your IOS and log in the spotify with Facebook account to be able to access your apple id spotify. Hope it helps others who can't log in their apple id on windows.

Suggested posts