Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How show art thumbnails column next to tracks in playlist view of Windows App?

How show art thumbnails column next to tracks in playlist view of Windows App?

Plan

Premium

Device

Windows 10 App

My Question or Issue

How can I make the Windows App show art thumbnails in the leftmost column of the playlist view, like in the web player?

I navigate my playlists visually using the art thumbnails, and this works great in the web app, and the android app.

Was tempted to try the windows app, because the web player is super slow to load, and hangs if paused for more than a couple of minutes.

However in the Windows app I can not see theart thumbnails column, just a wall of text and this makes the playlists too hard to navigate.

I have uninstalled the Windows app and will continue to use the web player for now.

1 Reply

Hi @wtfusernameagai,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to view album art thumbnails next to tracks within playlists on the desktop app.

However, there is an idea regarding this potential feature here, in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community. Even though its Status Update is “Not Right Now,” I recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea if it’s something that you’re interested in; the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to this idea by clicking the three-dot menu at the top-left area of webpage, so that you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts