Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to correct EQ (bass level) in desktop app?

Solved!

How to correct EQ (bass level) in desktop app?

I just signed up for a premium plan, using the desktop app Win 10, the bass is boosted significantly - how can I correct it - where is the EQ control?   Even after turning the bass all the way down on my audio system it is still over-boosted.

I've compare-played several local files using spotify and non-spotify players.  The spotify app is clearly boosting bass yet I cannot find any EQ control.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The EQ cannot be corrected.    Spotify on PC sucks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

The EQ cannot be corrected.    Spotify on PC sucks.

Have you found any solution to this? I'm looking for one for Mac but essentially the same issue. Can't figure out why this is not a top priority for Spotify. They have implemented many less important features.

How is it possible that Spotify hasn't just added this info in the app? Obviously they can soften it and then I wouldn't be reading "Spotify on PC sucks" after 20 minutes of searching, angrier as I went, and now ready to completely believe that. From my experience Amazon Music and Qobuz really suck, Amazon takes the cake for bold-faced lying about audio quality: Ultra HD sounds better than an MP3 of the exact same album, that should be legal doctrine if the only difference is the app. But the MP3 thru Foobar made me lose it when the Ultra HD version was shockingly worse, it was supposedly imported so streaming couldn't be the issue, only makes sense if it was just a trick. I don't like paying to be lied to.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

There's a new Idea in the Community which you might want to check out and vote. It's here and it suggests a way to have your EQ settings aligned across all the devices you're using your account with (including desktop).

The Spotify staff will look into it as it reaches a good amount of votes, so hopefully it'll gain support. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nice! Thanks for the answer and response time. I didn't think it would get noticed! Unfortunately coming off irate gets attention, but I've got no ill will. I want anything to be great: services, companies, food, whatever. And seeing how bad other streaming services are is a bummer, except Amazon with that deception. Qobuz just has awful technical issues, with a few questionable download options like getting a 16 bit/ 44KHz file instead of the 24/96 that I paid for, maybe people hardly check that out once they've got the download. Thanks again!

Hey there @I-care_BSrightQ,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and aiming to improve our features.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts