Free

Country

UK

Device

(desktop computer)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I'm using the desktop app on windows 10 and trying to edit the details of a playlist such as adding a description or changing the image.
The playlist is mine. It's not giving me the option to edit any of the details. When i hover over the image, no pencil icon appears. right clicking the title of the playlist does nothing. In the dropdown menu there is no option for "edit details".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app three times. I have turned my computer on and off again. Nothing changes.
What can I do to get this fixed? I need to sort this out as there are several people relying on me to do it.

5 Replies

Hello mugwort, welcome tot the Spotify Community!

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you give us the link of your playlist?

Also, if you right-click on the little playlist' name, you should be able to see an 'Edit Details' option.

Can you confirm that the 'Edit Details' option is not there?

Keep us posted!

skroon19_0-1591900054110.png

when i right click on it, i don't get that option. As i said in my question.

Hello mugwort, thanks for your reply.

Your playlist might not work properly at this time.

I have an solution which could help you to edit your playlist details by creating a new playlist.

Spoiler

First, you should create an completely new playlist with the name and picture of choice.

Once you did that, go to your old playlist and select one song, it should color grey.

Then, press CTRL+A until all of the songs turn grey.

When all of your songs turned grey you can click, hold and drag the songs to your new playlist.

If you wish to just edit your own playlist, please give us the link of your playlist.

This article should help you with that.

I hope you'll be able to edit your playlist soon again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You probably have the new and “improved” desktop interface that they’re testing and soon releasing. 

Hey everyone,

Just jumping in here to confirm that this is indeed a new desktop experience we're currently testing.

In case you've also noticed these changes and are now missing some features in the desktop app, we recommend you add your +VOTE to this idea that would allow you to switch between the old and the new look, or submit a new idea for any particular feature you'd like to see return in the new app design.

There's already a live idea here to bring back the edit playlist feature, that you might also be interested in.

Hope this information is useful. Let us know if you have any other questions and feel free to leave a comment with your feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

Take care!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts