Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't delete a playlist.

I can't delete a playlist.

I wanted to add some music to a playlist and chose "New Playlist". The playlist was added. However, when I clicked on "Details", nothing comes up allowing me to do so. Plus, no new music shows up in the right window. On top of that, when I go to the Android version on my phone and I click on the playlist, it crashes my app. I'm also unable to delete the playlist altogether and start from scratch. So:

1) No ability to change playlist name

2) No ability to delete playlist altogether

3) No new music showing up in the window to the right as if no new music exists in that playlist

4) Clicking on that specific playlist in the Android version of Spotify crashes the app

Can someone please help? Thanks!

4 Replies

My apology. I meant to say, when I click on "Details" to change the details, nothing comes up allowing me to do so. 

Hey @knmusic_chicago

I suggest you to try going to open.spotify.com and try removing the playlist from there. If that doesn't work out, and the Delete keyboard key won't work in the desktop app either, let me know. 🙂

Just wondering, you are generally able to make new playlists without them becoming this?

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Sebasty,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I went to the web page you mentioned in your message. After I found the "offending playlist", I right clicked and chose "delete". Then, the page that asks if you want to delete popped up (good so far). I chose to delete and then nothing happened. I still can't get rid of the darn thing. The best I've been able to do thus far is put the playlist at the very tail end of all playlists. And, to answer your question, this is the first time that I've added a playlist that I cannot delete or alter the details of. 

@knmusic_chicago

In this case I suggest you contact Support thorugh the contact form or on Twitter and Facebook (@SpotifyCares). They can help you get rid of this broken playlist. 🙂

If you choose the contact form and you get a message telling you to come here or go to Support site, reply back to it and you will be contacted in a short while.

Let me know if you have any questions!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts