Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't make my collaborative playlist public

Solved!

I can't make my collaborative playlist public

Hi,

Does anybody know why I can't make a playlist public AND collaborative?

If I check the 'public' button on the drop down menu and shortly after that I check the Collaborative button, my whole playlist becomes 'Secret'. I can only choose for a public OR collaborative playlist. Why is that?

Thank you in advance.

Jordan

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yup, send them the link or share it from the right click menu in Spotify to them (if you follow them).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

You can't publish collaborative playlists, my guess being to stop people finding the playlist in search and then vandalizing it (since you can't control who can edit it).

Peter

Thanks for your response.

So, I have to send the people who I trust the HTTP or URI code to let them make changes? Am I correct or is there another way?

Marked as solution

Yup, send them the link or share it from the right click menu in Spotify to them (if you follow them).

Peter

This is interesting. I've planned to do collaborative playlist and did some forum research about. In some discussions says A, some B. In my opinion CP:s (=Collaborative Playlist) are maybe private, but if anyone who follows the list, set it public or something, CP can been seen at least on that users profile. Search did not find the list. It would be nice to know which is true.

Just tested this, you can't set Collaborative playlists you follow to public on your own account either, they are always private.

Peter

Strange or am I missing something ? I follow J, J have CP with 1 follower called M. I go looking J's public lists: no. Then I go through J's followers to see M's profile and then public lists and there it is. *****, collaborative playlist with 1 follower. List is created by J. If I hover mouse over the tracks, all options are available. I'm not following M.

Hi guys,

Just to doublecheck: am I correct that it's not possible to have a collaborative playlist being public at the same time?

So it's either/or?

Reason why I'm asking is that I am working on a collaborative music project in which everybody together compiles a playlist of music from all over the world. 

Thanks in advance,

Max

So a playlist can not be Public and Collaborative? I have to share an individual link for each playlist I want to keep public and collaborate on? I have many playlists and this is super annoying

So a playlist can not be Public and Collaborative? I have to share an individual link for each playlist I want to keep public and collaborate on? I have many playlists and this is super annoying

This is NOT solved! I can't make my collab playlist public, I have shared the link but it is only shared to that person. I have a collab playlist where there is not problem that I make in the past. 

I think you have to make it un-collab to make it public... Not sure though but try it?

It would be really nice to be able have a playlist collaborative and public, but be able to manage permissions. For example only have a couple of people be able to add songs. Turn off the ability for other people to delete songs and such. This would enable one person to manage the playlist, but other people could still have the abillity to add.

What's the point of even having a collaborative playlist if nobody else can see it? I want to make my party playlist collaborative so people can add what they want, but I guess it's not possible for some stupid reason.

Suggested posts