Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Keeping the format of one playlist and copying it to another?

So, I'm trying to move all my songs from the "songs" section to an actual playlist made by me but I want to keep the order of how it is already, as I have it so the newest added songs are at the top. I know I can do this by manually adding each song ...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I'm trying to move all my songs from the "songs" section to an actual playlist made by me but I want to keep the order of how it is already, as I have it so the newest added songs are at the top....
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Any way to import an Excel, Serato or Text file as a Spotify Playlist?

I'm a DJ and have a bunch of playlists created as Excel sheets as well as Serato DJ crates. Is there any way to convert and import a playlist into Spotify?(I tried searching first but saw no recent post/answers)Thanks in advance!

• Regular
  • I'm a DJ and have a bunch of playlists created as Excel sheets as well as Serato DJ crates.    Is there any way to convert and import a playlist into Spotify? (I tried searching fir...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New update - SAVE option - is there a limit?

Hello, Is there a limit on the number of albums you can SAVE to YOUR MUSIC section? I'm only half way through saving albums from my old playlists and this feature stopped working... If I UNSAVE another album, i can SAVE a new one.

• Regular
  • Hello,   Is there a limit on the number of albums you can SAVE to YOUR MUSIC section? I'm only half way through saving albums from my old playlists and this feature stopped working...  ...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 298 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Windows
  • 298 replies
  • 24 likes

spotify is not working properly

when I play some songs I just hear no sound but only on windows

•  when I play some songs I just hear no sound but only on windows
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Skipping and Altered Queue

Persistent problem recently: songs will randomly skip part way through. Often a song I don't recognize starts playing and I have a new queue (Baila Morena by Joe Cohen usually starts, I've never heard of the song or artist), mostly of rap music, whic...

• Persistent problem recently: songs will randomly skip part way through. Often a song I don't recognize starts playing and I have a new queue (Baila Morena by Joe Cohen usually starts, I've never hear...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

delete greyed out files

Hey guys,I want to remove these greyed out files from my Spotify (Windows 10).I previously had added them as local files, but later deleted the original files on my computer, without removing the files on spotify first (which might have led to my iss...

• Roadie
  •  Hey guys, I want to remove these greyed out files from my Spotify (Windows 10). I previously had added them as local files, but later deleted the original files on my computer, without removi...
  • maurice_ichi
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Username is Gibberish

I made a new account and couldnt choose a username. It is now random letters and numbers. help

• I made a new account and couldnt choose a username. It is now random letters and numbers. help
  • ceruleankat
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify closes automatically (Win10)

I run Spotify under Windows 10.After a minute or two, Spotify every time closes automatically, even if I do nothing (not playing a song, e.g.)Reinstall won't help.Any idea?

• Casual Listener
  • I run Spotify under Windows 10. After a minute or two, Spotify every time closes automatically, even if I do nothing (not playing a song, e.g.) Reinstall won't help. Any idea?
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Fluctuating volume levels during a track

'Ello. Has anyone else ever experienced the volume levels changing during a song? The only way I can describe it is it feels like someone's playing with the volume, lowering it for half a second before returning it to it's previous level. It only doe...

• Music Fan
  • 'Ello.   Has anyone else ever experienced the volume levels changing during a song? The only way I can describe it is it feels like someone's playing with the volume, lowering it for half a se...
  • edgyemotrash
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Hotkey for Thumbs up or down

I'm just checking if anybody has figured out a way to do this and maybe I'm missing something. I'm looking for a way to assign a hotkey to thumbs up or thumbs down a radio station, however it needs to get done. Blockify and Toastify don't seem to imp...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm just checking if anybody has figured out a way to do this and maybe I'm missing something. I'm looking for a way to assign a hotkey to thumbs up or thumbs down a radio station, however it needs t...
  • Mobuos
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

No audio

I just got spotify on my PC today and whenever I go to play a song it just plays nothing, it says the song is playing but there is no audio whatsoever. I checked and other programmes work so I don't have a clue

• I just got spotify on my PC today and whenever I go to play a song it just plays nothing, it says the song is playing but there is no audio whatsoever. I checked and other programmes work so I don't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find songs that I was able to listen.

Hi there all.I have a little problem with my spotify in win10. On my mobil app I can listen any songs that i choose to my list, but a few weeks later I discovered that, I can't listen some of them on win10. What can I do to fix this issue.Thanks for ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there all. I have a little problem with my spotify in win10. On my mobil app I can listen any songs that i choose to my list, but a few weeks later I discovered that, I can't listen some of ...
  • Ragnar0203
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Space Bar Glitch

Just started today. but whenever I press the space bar outside of the spotify window such as you know anytime you need to type a sentence my music will continuously stop and start. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and tried to look for somewhere...

• Just started today. but whenever I press the space bar outside of the spotify window such as you know anytime you need to type a sentence my music will continuously stop and start. I t...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Scroll Bar Not Visible

New look utilizes a dark gray scroll bar on a black background. Older monitors (non HD) do not show it at all and tablet PC can't be viewed in sunlight. Really Spotify you didnlt think about making it a more contrasting color.

• New look utilizes a dark gray scroll bar on a black background. Older monitors (non HD) do not show it at all and tablet PC can't be viewed in sunlight. Really Spotify you didnlt think about making i...
  • siestakey21
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 52 likes
  • Windows
  • 61 replies
  • 52 likes

Equaliser on Desktop using Headphones

I know that there are ways to get up the equaliser on Windows in the sound settings, but I can't find a way to do it whilst using headphones. If anyone knows a solution, please let me know

• I know that there are ways to get up the equaliser on Windows in the sound settings, but I can't find a way to do it whilst using headphones. If anyone knows a solution, please let me know 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recover Playlists error

I listen to Spotify via apps on a Windows 10 laptop and an Android phone. I create playlists primarily via the laptop and sometimes delete them but want to recover them later. When I attempt to recover an accidentally deleted playlist, I receive an e...

• I listen to Spotify via apps on a Windows 10 laptop and an Android phone. I create playlists primarily via the laptop and sometimes delete them but want to recover them later.   When I attempt...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify's New Releases page curated by your listening habits?

I'm not really getting all the songs that matters right now (e.g. big artist new singles, sometimes one shows up, not all) It could be inconsistency sometimes, sometimes it will show up tracks that from artists, genres I don't even care. And obv not ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm not really getting all the songs that matters right now (e.g. big artist new singles, sometimes one shows up, not all) It could be inconsistency sometimes, sometimes it will show up tracks that f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • algorithm
    curation
    Friday
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

subscription

If I cancelled premium would I be able join again a few months later

• If I cancelled premium would I be able join again a few months later
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend