Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution No internet connection available - intermittent - Windows 10

I have Spotify on my desktop with Windows 10. It had been working fine until I installed some updates for my motherboard/BIOS. Now most of the time it says "No internet connection available". Internet works great on the computer besides on Spotify. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify on my desktop with Windows 10. It had been working fine until I installed some updates for my motherboard/BIOS.   Now most of the time it says "No internet connection available"...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • intermittent
    No Internet
    Windows 10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications from spotify

I'm always finding myself going to artists pages and finding new music. Isn't spotify supposed to send you notifications when artists you follow release new stuff? I'm using desktop spotify with windows 10

• Casual Listener
  • I'm always finding myself going to artists pages and finding new music. Isn't spotify supposed to send you notifications when artists you follow release new stuff? I'm using desktop spotify with wind...
  • IssaTDOTthang
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug report regarding discord song sharing

Hello, if i've understood the instructions properly, I am to post here for bug reports, to the relevant platform. I'm using Windows 10, along with Discord, and whilst "Listening along" with one of my friends, an error was encountered by my friend, th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, if i've understood the instructions properly, I am to post here for bug reports, to the relevant platform.   I'm using Windows 10, along with Discord, and whilst "Listening along" with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable Hotkeys for Desktop Version

Hey, I installed the Desktop Version of Spotify and I would like to know if there is any possibility to turn the Hotkey feature off.

• Hey,   I installed the Desktop Version of Spotify and I would like to know if there  is any possibility to turn the Hotkey feature off.    
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Customising playlists

I am unable to set artworks to my playlists. I also am unable to set descriptions on my playlists. I have noticed that i had the option perviously but now after checking, i am unable to do this now. I have tried on Mac, Windows, and iOS. When clickin...

• I am unable to set artworks to my playlists. I also am unable to set descriptions on my playlists. I have noticed that i had the option perviously but now after checking, i am unable to do this now. ...
  • spelchekr
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to troubleshoot local files

I have tried multiple times to add Local Files to the Spotify app with no success. I cannot do it via the settings and adding the folder, I cannot drag & drop (it shows a red circle slash icon), or any other means. Is there a way to get a log file or...

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried multiple times to add Local Files to the Spotify app with no success.  I cannot do it via the settings and adding the folder, I cannot drag & drop (it shows a red circle slash i...
  • TxDrifter
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player not working

I used to be able to use the web player easily, but about a month ago, it would let me click on the music and it would act like it was going to play, but it wouldn't do anything. Now when I log in it won't even let me click the songs. I've tried ever...

• I used to be able to use the web player easily, but about a month ago, it would let me click on the music and it would act like it was going to play, but it wouldn't do anything. Now when I log in it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Bugs causing computer to crash

I did not want to think it was true, but Spotify (as it is now) will cause your Computer to crash.Today it happened twice. I had to do a system restore and and after a process of elimination it is the current free version that is the problem. Many an...

• Casual Listener
  • I did not want to think it was true, but Spotify (as it is now) will cause your Computer to crash. Today it happened twice. I had to do a system restore and and after a process of elimination it is ...
  • natbrooke25
  • 75 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 4 likes

No se reproducen en la computadora

No puedo reproducir las canciones en desktop y se saltan las canciones sin que se escuchen

• Casual Listener
  • No puedo reproducir las canciones en desktop y se saltan las canciones sin que se escuchen
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't install

Hello(i'm french ; not sure to have a good english...) I had Spotify and it work perfectly. Three days ago, I probably uninstall a program. After that, Spotify said "can't find connexion" I read I have to uninstall and reinstall Spotify. I uninstall ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello (i'm french ; not sure to have a good english...)   I had Spotify and it work perfectly.   Three days ago, I probably uninstall a program. After that, Spotify said "can't find co...
  • ericbeau
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop install instead of the Windows Store Version

Does anyone know how to install the Spotify Desktop version instead of the Windows Store Version? I have uninstalled the Windows Store App and deleted all folder from %appdata%, however any subsequent install ALWAYS installs the Windows Store App. I ...

• Does anyone know how to install the Spotify Desktop version instead of the Windows Store Version?  I have uninstalled the Windows Store App and deleted all folder from %appdata%, however an...
  • DerMoriz
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No download and repeat button

I'm currently using spotify on windows 10 and i've already upgraded to premium but why i don't see any download button on every playlist? I also see no repeat button for the song I like in a playlist? Instead, there are the like and dislike buttons.C...

• Visitor
  • I'm currently using spotify on windows 10 and i've already upgraded to premium but why  i don't see any download button on every playlist?  I also see no repeat button for the song I like ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start or uninstall

Hello, all. I'm having an issue with Spotify where whenever I launch the program, it will boot Spotify WebHelper, which is promptly followed by WerFault.exe and then nothing ever comes (no splash screen or program proper).I did uninstall and reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, all. I'm having an issue with Spotify where whenever I launch the program, it will boot Spotify WebHelper, which is promptly followed by WerFault.exe and then nothing ever comes (no splash scr...
  • tomslikker
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is always 3:02 into September when it starts up

I have spotify on my android, home PC and work PC.It doesn't seem to matter what I've ben listening to on my android or home PC or previously on my work PC. When I start up my work PC spotify automatically starts up and it's always 3:02 into Septembe...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify on my android, home PC and work PC. It doesn't seem to matter what I've ben listening to on my android or home PC or previously on my work PC.   When I start up my work PC spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Please take my short survey for my Phd study. Free Karma to all that complete it.

Hi,https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/27877I am doing a phd study into the changing habits of music listening, but really need to hear the thoughts of other Spotify users. Please spend 5 minutes folowing the link above.Many thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/27877 I am doing a phd study into the changing habits of music listening, but really need to hear the thoughts of other Spotify users. Please spend 5 minutes fol...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Advertisement cuts song short

Hi, just to be clear im not talking about the advertisment playing before the song starts(The one where they are dancing to upgrade to premium), but there is an ad literally in the song im listening to at the very beginning. It takes up 15 to 30 seco...

• Visitor
  • Hi, just to be clear im not talking about the advertisment playing before the song starts(The one where they are dancing to upgrade to premium), but there is an ad literally in the song im listening ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle play only plays 1 track then stops

Any playlist I select and shuffle play will only play 1 song then stop. The shuffle play icon is on, the scroll bar goes to the end of the song then repositions to the start of the same song. The Play, Skip forward and Skip Back controls do not work....

• Any playlist I select and shuffle play will only play 1 song then stop. The shuffle play icon is on, the scroll bar goes to the end of the song then repositions to the start of the same song. The Pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle not working
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't search new songs

I can't seem to add any new songs. I was able to earlier today, but I can't add any new ones now. All I get is a response that says that no results were found. I tried looking up songs I already had, and the same response comes up. I have the student...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to add any new songs.  I was able to earlier today, but I can't add any new ones now.  All I get is a response that says that no results were found.  I tried looking up so...
  • yarynakor
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Release Notes/Changelog

How is there still no consolidated place for notes like these? I'm using Android and Windows. Seems like Spotify keeps changing things every week but I don't have any idea what changed except for seeing my UI shuffled around with no real changes of s...

• How is there still no consolidated place for notes like these? I'm using Android and Windows.  Seems like Spotify keeps changing things every week but I don't have any idea what changed except ...
  • annikkexe
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 113 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 113 likes

More RAM usage the longer spotify is open/used

Hi, Spotify will start on 150-200mb ram and will climb with usage. 30min of listening to songs not using the program for anything else will get it to 300-350mb. After 2hrs im up to about 1.5gb ram. I´ve tried the website and windows store version, wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Spotify will start on 150-200mb ram and will climb with usage. 30min of listening to songs not using the program for anything else will get it to 300-350mb. After 2hrs im up to about 1.5...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes