PC + OnePlus 6
Operating System

Win 7 + Android  

My Question or Issue

On my PC, I can add a "local" files folder 
and I can play them from Spotify PCLocal filesLocal files
and I can play them from Spotify PC

PlayingPlaying

Now, I create a playlist (on my PC or Android), and I activate the Synchro on this playlist. (Here I created the playlist Test)
3 playlist synced.jpg

Now I add from my PC some tracks from my Local Folder

5 adding tracks.png6 added.png

Now: some tracks are greyed.
If I click on it, it says something like "Spotify cannot read the content at the moment. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it"
(Duh !)

The same one are also greyed on the phone

7 on the Phone.jpg

And it keeps saying "tracks are being downloaded" (message in french above "Titres en cours de telechargement")

But it never does.

So
- I 've reinstalled my PC a couple of time since I bought it and I installed Spotify on it.

- I've also reinstalled, even changed my phone (Samsung S3, S5, OnePlus3T and now OnePlus 6)
- The tracks I have selected in my example were already included in a playlist and sync to my phone(s) without any issue for months, even years.
- Suddenly, one day: poof, greyed.

- Since then: I can remove and add them again, but it'll come greyed over and over again.

- I have tried uninstalling Spo.tify from my phone and reinstalling it, purging data. On my PC, I have created a new folder, moved my MP3 in it and changed the "Local files" settings so Spotify can scan mp3 in it.

So I don't know why suddently it st.opped working.

I don't get it.

Any idea ?
Thanks

3 Replies

ALso 

I have also noticed the following:
- I have a single copy of some tracks in my Local folder
- Spotify shows several

Here, I have a subfolder "Carl Cox - At The End of the Cliché"

8 folder and tracks.jpg
I have only one copy of each track.
9 carl.jpg

I don't have any other copy of them in my D:\Zik folder or any of its subfolders.
And Spotify shows: 

10 2 of each.jpg

ANy idea ?

Maybe it's linked ?

Nobody ?

Hi, @KuBi4K

I'm not really sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but since the last upgrade Spotify isn't matching local files with their catalog version either.

It's clear that something broke or was modified in the local files system and the matching system too.

I already posted my issue, and it doesn't seem to be receiving the attention it deserves. If I get any answers, I'll let you know. I have the feeling these two are connected.

Good luck 🙂

Suggested posts