Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spotify frezze computer while playing song

PlanPremiumDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I updated spotify to 1.0.86.337 and came to this error. Spotify appears "Can't play current song" each time I play different song, and about 15' later, the song stop playing but t...

Capture2.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Windows Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue    I updated spotify to 1.0.86.337 and came to this error. Spotify appears "Can't play current song" eac...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends not showing up on friends feed

Premium México Windows 10 My Question or IssueCertain friends are not showing up on my friends feed unless I stop following them and follow them again. Have to do this everytime I start Spotify. Known issue?

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium   México    Windows 10   My Question or Issue Certain friends are not showing up on my friends feed unless I stop following them and follow them again. Have...
  • AndresRossonero
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I put a image on my files for my playlists?

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(iPhone 8, Desktop)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10,) My Question or Issue I just recently organized my playlists into files... I just want to know if I am able to put an image on the file instead of it being the defaul...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device (iPhone 8, Desktop) Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10,)   My Question or Issue  I just recently organized my playlists into files... I jus...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • files
    pictures
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[UI-Bug] Icons not aligned

Windows-Client: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9 Issue:UI: Icons of the like and dislike buttons in the lower left corner of the player controls:a) do not have the same height (15 Pixels vs 16 Pixels) andb) are also not vertical aligned. Screenshot see attachmen...

• Casual Listener
  •   Windows-Client: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9   Issue: UI: Icons of the like and dislike buttons in the lower left corner of the player controls: a) do not have the same height (15 Pixels vs ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix lists don't show many of my previously saved cuts as saved

Starting a few days ago, certain cuts are showing on my Daily Mix as NOT having been previously saved (no check mark), even though the same songs from the same albums are showing on my "song" list as having been saved on a prior date. When I save the...

• Music Fan
  • Starting a few days ago, certain cuts are showing on my Daily Mix as NOT having been previously saved (no check mark), even though the same songs from the same albums are showing on my "song" list as...
  • hemophobe
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution On my desktop Spotify app, the song cover picture is not longer showing at the bottom left corner.

PlanPremiumCountryMaltaDeviceDell Inspiron 13Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueOn my desktop Spotify app, the song cover picture is not longer showing at the bottom left corner.

• Plan Premium Country Malta Device Dell Inspiron 13 Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue On my desktop Spotify app, the song cover picture is not longer showing at the bottom...
  • sugar_princess6
  • 11 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 14 likes

Annoying pop ups on premium desktop and crashes on android

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceDesktop Windows 10 & Android Mate 7 My Question or Issue Desktop:Clicking anything inside the application takes me to a pop up window in the browser, the pop up window closes in a second and nothing happens in the app it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Desktop Windows 10 & Android Mate 7  My Question or Issue   Desktop: Clicking anything inside the application takes me to a pop up window in ...
  • spimuch
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crashes
    Pop-ups
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify not working on windows

Hi I've been going through this problem for awhile now and this problem is and on and off situation So basically,Whenever i try and start up spotify it would say Spotify application not responding then i tried getting help online in the community the...

• Hi I've been going through this problem for awhile now and this problem is and on and off situation  So basically,Whenever i try and start up spotify it would say Spotify application not respon...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

zombie process after uninstalling spotify

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI uninstalled Spotify to see if it would help with the zombie process because Spotify would hang and not close at all. Now that it's uninstalled there is still a Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I uninstalled Spotify to see if it would help with the zombie process because Spoti...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlister sites in the playlist are they?

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if this would be possible in the PL to create a PL? The background is this as we wanted to have several generations on our wedding we create 3 playlists dancing background music and generations above but we wanted to call...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi everyone,   I wanted to ask if this would be possible in the PL to create a PL?   The background is this as we wanted to have several generations on our wedding we create 3 p...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution whenever it downloads, it stays a black screen

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceDellOperating SystemWindows 10 i think??? My Question or Issue i updated my windows last night and this morning i was faced with a problem. when i hit the spotify icon on my desktop it takes a while to download. ...

• Plan Premium Country  United States Device Dell Operating System Windows 10 i think???   My Question or Issue  i updated my windows last night and this morning i was faced wi...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[SOLVED] Artist Search Fails to Return All Songs

The problem with an artist search only returning a subset of available songs is solved.If you search and then immediately sort, many songs will be missed if the total list is roughly greater than two pages worth. This is because if there are more tit...

• Regular
  • The problem with an artist search only returning a subset of available songs is solved. If you search and then immediately sort, many songs will be missed if the total list is roughly greater than t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Changing song order (Windows, Android, Web player)

So, I've been using spotify premium for a while now. I can remember there being an option to change the order of the songs in your playlist by artist/album/etc, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I know you can change the order of your songs by dra...

• Casual Listener
  •   So, I've been using spotify premium for a while now. I can remember there being an option to change the order of the songs in your playlist by artist/album/etc, but I can't seem to find it an...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 Shortcut

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceHP Laptop (Intel) thats all i knowOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Is there a .exe i can create a shortcut to or something? I can't find anything.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  United States Device HP Laptop (Intel) thats all i know Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Is there a .exe i can create a shortcut to or s...
  • McFlyStudio
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Desktop skips all songs on all of my playlists

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceDesktop pcOperating SystemWindows 64 bit Pro Since the day before yesterday Spotify desktop suddenly skips all of my songs on all of my playslists. It keeps skipping without an end (I have quite large playlists). W...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands  Device Desktop pc Operating System Windows 64 bit Pro   Since the day before yesterday Spotify desktop suddenly skips all of my songs on a...
  • arnoud
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Missing some feature when switching Spotify account region

PlanPremiumCountrySwitching from US to VietnamDeviceBoth on my Windows PC and Android phone 7.0Operating SystemWindows 10 and Android 7.0 My Question or IssuePreviously, I was using US region or my account, then I moved and decided to change my accou...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Switching from US to Vietnam Device Both on my Windows PC and Android phone 7.0 Operating System Windows 10 and Android 7.0   My Question or Issue Previously, I wa...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • missing feature
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Suddenly, nothing exists anymore

PlanFreeDevicePC - Windows 7Operating SystemWindows 7 (SP2, 64-bit)My Question or Issue I logged back into Spotify today after the update, and uh, after logging back in, NOTHING exists. Literally nothing. All that is on the page is the Exit button an...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Device PC - Windows 7 Operating System Windows 7 (SP2, 64-bit) My Question or Issue  I logged back into Spotify today after the update, and uh, after logging back in, NOTHING ex...
  • Chris
  • Spotify
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I dont have Radio and Feed Of Friends.

PlanPremiumCountry Costa RicaDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Why my Radio and Feed dont works, but in my celphone this works sucefully, i have this problem about 2 months ago.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Costa Rica Device Pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Why my Radio and Feed dont works, but in my celphone this works suceful...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Certain songs wont play with the error "Spotify can't play this right now."

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceComputer and Galaxy S8Operating SystemWindows 10 Certain songs that I try to play always come up with this same error saying "Spotify can't pay this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Computer and Galaxy S8 Operating System Windows 10   Certain songs that I try to play always come up with this same error saying "Spotify...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open Spotify.com

Hi, whenever I try and open spotify.com, it comes up with an error sayin this site can't be reached as well as it took too long to respond. I've tried restarting my laptop and everything, it just wont open. Thanks for any help.

• Casual Listener
  •     Hi, whenever I try and open spotify.com, it comes up with an error sayin this site can't be reached as well as it took too long to respond. I've tried restarting my laptop and everyth...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes