Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Other people on my wifi using my spotify account

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I live in a houseshare, and I've recently noticed a few playlists being added to my account that I didn't add. I've tried logging out of all accounts and changing my p...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I live in a houseshare, and I've recently noticed a few playlists being added to ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume & Seek Sliders Stuck (PC/Win7)

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueCurrently the volume and track position sliders are stuck. When I say stuck I mean they cannot be moved by the cursor. The seek and volume key bindings work fine as well controlling via the web pl...

• Casual Listener
  •   Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Currently the volume and track position sliders are stuck. When I say stuck I mean they cannot be moved by the cursor. T...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Revert Heart Icon and Like Terminology

The Heart Icon and “like” terminology have now shown up on my iPad and iPhone and I feel this new language is illogical and misleading. I save albums/songs to “Your Library” in order to listen to it later. The + (Plus) Icon or Saved terminology makes...

• Casual Listener
  • The Heart Icon and “like” terminology have now shown up on my iPad and iPhone and I feel this new language is illogical and misleading. I save albums/songs to “Your Library” in order to listen to it ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 19 likes

Daily Mix not personalized

PlanFreeCountryFrance DeviceComputer mounted (personalized)Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro 1803 My Question or Issue I do not understand how Daily Mix works, I was thinking it worked like a custom playlist based on what I listened (music and artists t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country France  Device Computer mounted (personalized) Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1803   My Question or Issue  I do not understand how Daily Mix works, I was t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps adding random playlists and songs to my library

Plan - Premium Country - Australia Device - iPhone 7+ My Question or Issue Hi I am a paying Premium customer. I am getting frustrated with spotify as it appears to be adding random playlists and singles to my library. On top of this, one of my playli...

•   Plan - Premium   Country - Australia   Device - iPhone 7+     My Question or Issue   Hi   I am a paying Premium customer.   I am...
  • Ryanx0r
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does not play the whole song

My spotify plays only the first few seconds of each song and then switches to another song.How do I listen to music normally?

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify plays only the first few seconds of each song and then switches to another song. How do I listen to music normally?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Gap at top of screen / not fullscreen when opening from System Tray

Plan: PremiumCountry: Australia Device: Desktop PCOperating System: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 My Question or IssueHi all,When I open Spotify from the system tray, there's a large gap at the top of the screen and part of the Spotif...

3.png 4.png
  • Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia  Device: Desktop PC Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134   My Question or Issue Hi all, When I open Spotify...
  • flamofrog
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Proxy isn't working with the latest versions

I'm using Windows Desktop app (not windows store app) and can't get the newer versions of spotify to run to my proxy server. It keeps saying it's offline. I have to install an old version, from around mars to get it working.But unfortunately spotify ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm using Windows Desktop app (not windows store app) and can't get the newer versions of spotify to run to my proxy server. It keeps saying it's offline.   I have to install an old version, f...
  • Eikido
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Launch behavior on Windows 10 with multiple monitors

Hey all, Apologies if this is a duplicate issue, but I've had this come up on several Windows 10 machines with multiple displays and it seems to be consistent between them. I figured it'd at least be worth a mention. PlanPremiumCountryUnited States D...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   Apologies if this is a duplicate issue, but I've had this come up on several Windows 10 machines with multiple displays and it seems to be consistent between them. I figured it'd at...
  • CJS7070
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

"Next up" is always the same album after queued songs end

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandOperating SystemWindows 7 Enterprise My Question or IssueWhenever I finish listening to the queued songs in my play queue, Spotify always starts playing Iron Maiden's debut album and every song in the "Next up" list, is also ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Operating System Windows 7 Enterprise   My Question or Issue Whenever I finish listening to the queued songs in my play queue, Spotify always starts playing ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Daily mix and Song radio is not working

PlanPremiumCountry Operating System( Windows 10) My Question or Issue[On my PC!]i can not use daily mix or song raido, it just get an error message that says; "daily Mix Cannot be started Please try with something els" and the same message for the so...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country     Operating System ( Windows 10)   My Question or Issue [On my PC!] i can not use daily mix or song raido, it just get an error message that sa...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily mix and Song radio is not working
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist only plays 99 songs forward/backward relative to first song played

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceWeb Player, Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)Operating SystemUbuntu 18.04 LTS My Question or IssueI've attached an MP4 screen recording of the issue described below: When attempting to play s...

• Plan Premium Country United States  Device Web Player, Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) Operating System Ubuntu 18.04 LTS   My Question or Issue I've at...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not available

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDevicejust a simple computer running on windows 10.Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issuehello people, got a new problem recently : ACTUALLY THERE'S A LOT OF ONLINE SONGS THAT I CAN PLAY. and this is very embarrasing....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  France Device just a simple computer running on windows 10. Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue hello people, got a new problem recently :   A...
  • mesadas
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps opening on startup [Windows 10]

Hi all—I'm currently running Windows 10. It seems after a recent update, Spotify keeps opening whenever I startup Windows as if the option to do so is selected, even though it is not. I conciously toggle Spotify to do nothing (not even minimized) dur...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all— I'm currently running Windows 10. It seems after a recent update, Spotify keeps opening whenever I startup Windows as if the option to do so is selected, even though it is not. I conciously ...
  • duhbzi
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 13 likes
  • startup
    Windows
    Windows 10
  • 12 replies
  • 13 likes

Solved!! Desktop (not device) 'Waiting' on Download

Windows 10, using the Spotify app from the Windows Store (or...whatever they call it...the metro apps...or wait, we can't say metro any more). I have the same problem as this person, but couldn't respond because it was old and closed (though..not suf...

• Gig Goer
  • Windows 10, using the Spotify app from the Windows Store (or...whatever they call it...the metro apps...or wait, we can't say metro any more).   I have the same problem as this person, but cou...
  • notebene
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • waiting
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't change song in game

PlanFree/PremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceStandart DesktopOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or Issue Hi ı can't change song in game but ı can change song in main win menu

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Turkey Device Standart Desktop Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue  Hi ı can't change song in game but ı can change song in main win menu
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Black Screen

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceRYZEN 5 1600X and GTX 970Operating SystemWindows 10 Enterprise 1803 My Question or IssueWhen launching Spotify, it only shows a black screen with the "Settings" dots in the top left corner and the Windows close, minimiz...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada  Device RYZEN 5 1600X and GTX 970 Operating System Windows 10 Enterprise 1803   My Question or Issue When launching Spotify, it only shows a black scre...
  • cuthbertnibbles
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop scrobbling to last.fm only when the phone app is running.

Operating SystemAndroid / Windows 10 (1.0.85.259.g4ab01679) My Question or Issue My spotify desktop app sometimes (most of the time) won't scrobble to last.fm nor display the current music in Discord. Everything is configured properly (Last.fm with t...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Android / Windows 10 (1.0.85.259.g4ab01679)   My Question or Issue   My spotify desktop app sometimes (most of the time) won't scrobble to last.fm nor display the curr...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist covers are extremely high contrast

Playlist art that I upload to Spotify is extremely high contrast. Any known fix?I'm using Windows 10.

92ab8dcb0af503aa09801f486faa3765 1adf46aa32fdda5e169aca4ed05ff717
  • Casual Listener
  • Playlist art that I upload to Spotify is extremely high contrast. Any known fix? I'm using Windows 10.  
  • gloyens
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! opening spotify from system tray

PlanFreeCountry UsDevice(hp ay-131)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issuehello i have been using spotify for some time now and i use the "close button minimizes spotify to system tray" feature but recently when i open it from system tray t...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country  Us Device (hp ay-131) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue hello i have been using spotify for some time now and i use the "close button...
  • INFIMIX
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes