Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is adding a "2" in the title of every playlist I create

PlanPremiumCountryGer DeviceDesktopOperating SystemW10 My Question or IssueSee title. I have also tried login off every device. However it still occures.

• Plan Premium Country Ger  Device Desktop Operating System W10   My Question or Issue See title. I have also tried login off every device. However it still occures.
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution redirect to appdata problem

On my pc at work the %appdata% folder has been redirected to a server. The result is a black screen with Spotify. If i change the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\AppData to use a l...

• On my pc at work the %appdata% folder has been redirected to a server. The result is a black screen with Spotify.   If i change the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\C...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook login impossible Windows Vista

Hello everyone,I cannot login via facebook because there is always the error "Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download the latest version of Spotify"However, I am using the ...

• Hello everyone, I cannot login via facebook because there is always the error "Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download t...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this song right now

PlanPremiumCountry AR DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Im trying to play Running Away from Three Days Grace but i cant

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country AR   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Im trying to play Running Away from Three Days Grace but i cant
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to only download songs on phone, not on desktop?

Hi there, I'm wondering if it's possible to only download songs on my phone and not on my laptop. My laptop is low on space and the songs are taking up over 8GB; as I'm always on Wifi on my laptop I'm not botherd about having them downloaded. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I'm wondering if it's possible to only download songs on my phone and not on my laptop. My laptop is low on space and the songs are taking up over 8GB; as I'm always on Wifi on my ...
  • dandandan-
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to open music in app instead of web browser?

Operating System(Windows 10.) Where is the option that allows me to play music in the Spotify desktop app (instead of playing in the browser)? One of the replies here says that the switch that enables this is located in the settings under "Startup an...

•   Operating System (Windows 10.)   Where is the option that allows me to play music in the Spotify desktop app (instead of playing in the browser)? One of the replies here say...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Saved Spotify Songs Appear unsaved in Albums and in Artist pages

My Question or IssueI can see all my saved songs in the songs tab as per usual but whenever I go into an artists page or album the songs don't appear to be saved. This does not affect all albums but the majority of them. I'm not able to find a correl...

image.png image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I can see all my saved songs in the songs tab as per usual but whenever I go into an artists page or album the songs don't appear to be saved. This does not affect all albums bu...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stranger Things mode on Windows 10 desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceDell Latitude E7470Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUntil recently, when I switched to one of the Stranger Things playlists published last year, the visualization effect would work beautifully. Sometime in...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada  Device Dell Latitude E7470 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Until recently, when I switched to one of the Stranger Things playlists ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps playing random songs

ive checked the queue, my spotify just plays a song from a random playlist ive never even seen before. One second I could be listening to my playlist and then it just switches to a random song. I believe it has something to do with "Spotify Web Playe...

• ive checked the queue, my spotify just plays a song from a random playlist ive never even seen before. One second I could be listening to my playlist and then it just switches to a random song. ...
  • joelsmith00
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 43 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 43 likes

Unable to see full library of songs in Spotify

PlanFreeCountry ScotlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue Logging back in to Spotify after a month away, to select some music randomly from my spotify library, I found that I could no longer click or see any songs that I have pre...

• Plan Free Country  Scotland Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  Logging back in to Spotify after a month away,  to select some music random...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved Songs wont show up! only shows go to browse!

When i go to my songs it only shows up "go to Browse "so i cant get to my saved songs. only on windows app. on mobile or web my songs show normaly. PremiumGermany Windows 7 My Question or Issue

• When i go to my songs it only shows up "go to Browse " so i cant get to my saved songs. only on windows app. on mobile or web my songs show normaly.  Premium Germany     Windows ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

One of my playlists has dissapeared

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOne of my playlist with 2000+ songs has diappeared from Spotify for PC. Strangely enough I can still see it in my mobile app.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue One of my playlist with 2000+ songs has diappeared from Spotify for PC. Strangely enough ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect for desktop not working

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows PC & Samsung R1 speakersOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI just purchased some Samsung R1 speakers to be able to have multiroom audio running from a desktop PC and using the Spotify desktop app. However...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows PC & Samsung R1 speakers Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I just purchased some Samsung R1 speakers to be able to have mult...
  • Stefano11
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat Track Disengages After Hitting Next Track

PlanPremiumCountry New Zealand Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello! Just got (back) into Spotify with Premium. Unfortunately, I am experiencing unexpected behaviour when using Spotify's repeat single track function. When I change to...

• Plan Premium Country  New Zealand   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hello! Just got (back) into Spotify with Premium. Unfortunately, I am experiencing...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

local files not downloading between two pc's

Plan:PremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue On my old pc, I had local files on there that I turned into playlists on spotify. I just go a new pc and wanted to dowload those playlists in spotify on the new pc. but whe...

• Plan: Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  On my old pc, I had local files on there that I turned into playlists on spotify. I just go...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files not syncing
    Offline download
    PC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify frezze computer while playing song

PlanPremiumDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I updated spotify to 1.0.86.337 and came to this error. Spotify appears "Can't play current song" each time I play different song, and about 15' later, the song stop playing but t...

Capture2.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Windows Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue    I updated spotify to 1.0.86.337 and came to this error. Spotify appears "Can't play current song" eac...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends not showing up on friends feed

Premium México Windows 10 My Question or IssueCertain friends are not showing up on my friends feed unless I stop following them and follow them again. Have to do this everytime I start Spotify. Known issue?

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium   México    Windows 10   My Question or Issue Certain friends are not showing up on my friends feed unless I stop following them and follow them again. Have...
  • AndresRossonero
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I put a image on my files for my playlists?

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(iPhone 8, Desktop)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10,) My Question or Issue I just recently organized my playlists into files... I just want to know if I am able to put an image on the file instead of it being the defaul...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device (iPhone 8, Desktop) Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10,)   My Question or Issue  I just recently organized my playlists into files... I jus...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • files
    pictures
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[UI-Bug] Icons not aligned

Windows-Client: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9 Issue:UI: Icons of the like and dislike buttons in the lower left corner of the player controls:a) do not have the same height (15 Pixels vs 16 Pixels) andb) are also not vertical aligned. Screenshot see attachmen...

• Casual Listener
  •   Windows-Client: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9   Issue: UI: Icons of the like and dislike buttons in the lower left corner of the player controls: a) do not have the same height (15 Pixels vs ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix lists don't show many of my previously saved cuts as saved

Starting a few days ago, certain cuts are showing on my Daily Mix as NOT having been previously saved (no check mark), even though the same songs from the same albums are showing on my "song" list as having been saved on a prior date. When I save the...

• Music Fan
  • Starting a few days ago, certain cuts are showing on my Daily Mix as NOT having been previously saved (no check mark), even though the same songs from the same albums are showing on my "song" list as...
  • hemophobe
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes