Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Very slow in PC

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDevicePersonal ComputerOperating SystemWindows 7 Ultimate My Question or Issue Hello. Since you have updated to the latest version on PC, it is very, very slow. Please take note of this. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Personal Computer Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate   My Question or Issue  Hello.    Since you have updated to the late...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify causing my PC Windows 10 to freeze

HiThis is like a message in a bottle as this forum is my last resort.For more than 6 months now, Spotify has been randomly causing my PC to freeze (I'm on Windows 10 64 bits). I've contacted Spotify support on several occasions and the only solution ...

• Regular
  • Hi This is like a message in a bottle as this forum is my last resort. For more than 6 months now, Spotify has been randomly causing my PC to freeze (I'm on Windows 10 64 bits). I've contacted Spot...
  • redseafish1
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • freeze
    Windows 10
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

Mysterious audio drop-outs/glitches

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceHP PCOperating SystemWindows 10 (+ Android 7.0, iOS 11.4.1) My Question or Issue Short audio dropout in certain song, at the same spot, again and again.Song:'Sweet Harmony' - The Beloved,Error: a very short audio d...

• Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device HP PC Operating System Windows 10 (+ Android 7.0, iOS 11.4.1)   My Question or Issue   Short audio dropout in certain song, at the s...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play folder (shuffled)

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWith version 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 I have lost the ability to shuffle playlists that are part of a folder, structured like this: Favorites (Folder) -> 2018 (folder) -> playli...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue With version 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 I have lost the ability to shuffle playlists that are part o...
  • wingshq
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! song cover view at the player

PlanPremium Country Israel Device Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue near to the song and artist name at the player, there used to be the cover art.i can't see it anymore . am i the only one who has this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country  Israel   Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  near to the song and artist name at the player, there used to b...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play current song - 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify auto-updated today to 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 and now after a few songs it says "Can't play current song" and that happens for all songs. Have to restart and then ...

•   Plan Premium Country US  Device Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Spotify auto-updated today to 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 and now after a ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to get your playlists to display to OTHERS in a folder?

Hello, I've created about 60 playlists.17 of them are weddig related, so I put them in a FOLDER to keep them organized and seperate from the rest....but when anyone else views my Spotify page every single playlist displays individually. Is there any ...

• Music Fan
  •   Hello,   I've created about 60 playlists. 17 of them are weddig related, so I put them in a FOLDER to keep them organized and seperate from the rest....but when anyone else views my S...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows 7] Spotify.exe -- Unkillable Zombie Process

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueRecently, this issue started occuring quite frequently; but, it began about a week to two weeks ago. Spotify will hang for no apparent reason for minutes, hours, and m...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Recently, this issue started occuring quite frequently; but, it began about a week to ...
  • supernama
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

An artist i never saved randomly starts playing (and only this artist!!!)

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen i am on my laptop and spotify is open, an artist i have never searched for or never saved in anyway begins playing. I will not be playing any music at the time...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue When i am on my laptop and spotify is open, an artist i have never searched for or never saved ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Won't Play

I am a premium user and an album that is shown on Spotify will not play on any of my devices (Windows or iPhone). Here is the link to the album: https://open.spotify.com/album/39n1VSjr2KMePdfEwvs4o5 Is it no longer available on Spotify? Is it a glitc...

• I am a premium user and an album that is shown on Spotify will not play on any of my devices (Windows or iPhone). Here is the link to the album: https://open.spotify.com/album/39n1VSjr2KMeP...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Jumping to currently playing song in playlist broken

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10App Version1.0.87.491.ge2a121fc My Question or IssueIn the past, clicking the album art would jump to the currently playing song in the playlist. However, that functionality seems to be broken. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device PC Operating System Windows 10 App Version 1.0.87.491.ge2a121fc   My Question or Issue In the past, clicking the album art would jump to the currentl...
  • TrojanGirl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot remove artist from my library

PlanPremiumCountryUK My Question or IssueThis is not the first time this subject has been raised but it was wasn't answered in the original post and the thread has now been closed. I have an artist in "My Library" that I am not following nor are ther...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   My Question or Issue This is not the first time this subject has been raised but it was wasn't answered in the original post and the thread has now been closed. ...
  • dgmhall
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify queue no longer works

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I use Spotify premium on a Windows 10 desktop. I have found the queue most usefull to the way I listen to music and used it quite frequently until sometime within th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue  I use Spotify premium on a Windows 10 desktop. I have found the queue most usefull to ...
  • bombfrog
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't play older songs

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have heard lots of songs by a certain band multiple times, but because of this, I cannot listen to them in my playlist which includes other bands (ones I listen...

• Plan Premium Country England Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have heard lots of songs by a certain band multiple times, but because of this, I ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable saved songs can be found through search

Hey everyone! Hope you're ejnoying this summer! I've noticed a strange thing with some saved songs I have. 1122334455I don't remember how I was able to put that song to play, as I can't know because the Radio Edit version is removed, but it showed th...

img_0231_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.43.01_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.52.07_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.53.17_720.png
  • Community Legend
  • Hey everyone!   Hope you're ejnoying this summer!   I've noticed a strange thing with some saved songs I have.   11 22 33 44 55I don't remember how I was able to put that s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop App Wont load August 2018

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceIdeaPad 300Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have tried all the reinstallations, etc, and I am creating this thread because it's so frustrating paying for a service that is not working, it's been at least...

• Plan Premium Country Italy   Device IdeaPad 300 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have tried all the reinstallations, etc, and I am creating this thread ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Correct installation folder for Windows Desktop client

This is not an 'idea' actually, but I couldn't find any other feedback/ticket/issue reporting feature.It seems that developers are not quite familiar with Windows platform, as they use user profile 'Roaming' folder (doesn't its name ring a bell?) to ...

• This is not an 'idea' actually, but I couldn't find any other feedback/ticket/issue reporting feature. It seems that developers are not quite familiar with Windows platform, as they use user profile...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Désactiver démarrage automatique

Bonjour, J'utilise Spotify sur windows 10. J'ai beau avoir décoché l'option partout, spotify continue de se lancer automatiquement au démarrage de l'ordinateur. En cherchant j'ai trouvé plusieurs fois qu'il fallait désactiver "l'ouverture automatique...

• Regular
  • Bonjour,    J'utilise Spotify sur windows 10. J'ai beau avoir décoché l'option partout, spotify continue de se lancer automatiquement au démarrage de l'ordinateur. En cherchant j'ai trouv...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

Syncing Saved Music Between Devices

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHi, so I'm logged onto Spotify across two different Windows PCs. A few weeks ago, I reorganized my saved music and deleted over a hundreds of old songs that I no longer li...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, so I'm logged onto Spotify across two different Windows PCs. A few weeks ago, I reorgani...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • PC
    saved music
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Performance] [Bug] Client unbearably slow on 1.0.88.353

With the latest update for the Spotify client, the client tends to become unberably slow after a good few hours of use. Just 10-15 minutes ago, I was trying to browse through my saved albums and songs, and stuff would either completely fail to load, ...

• Composer
  • With the latest update for the Spotify client, the client tends to become unberably slow after a good few hours of use. Just 10-15 minutes ago, I was trying to browse through my saved albums and song...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • performance
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes