Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Solved!

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

The issue only began today when I turned my computer on and attempted to use Spotify.

I have looked at many forum posts detialing the previous issue and no solution has worked for me yet.

I tried:

•Deleting Local-Files.

•Disabling Hardware Acceleration.

•Disabling and re-enabling Local Files in Spotify itself.

•Restarting my computer.

•Re-installing Spotify.

Nothing has worked so far and I am unable to use Spotify now.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

SOLUTION FOUND;

I re-installed my audio drivers and I am now able to use Spotify again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

SOLUTION FOUND;

I re-installed my audio drivers and I am now able to use Spotify again.

how did u do that?
i mean is it from system or what?

and can u tell me excatly how?

@satofe

Assuming it works for you...

First, figure out what audio drivers you need.

If you have a prebuilt PC (HP, Dell etc), get the model of your PC and go to the website and go to the drivers & support page and download the audio drivers for that PC. If you have PC you built yourself, you can go to the MOTHERBOARD site (for example, MSI, ASUS etc) and go to the drivers tab and get the audio drivers there. Or, you can go to Realtek.com or whatever is your compatibile audio driver website and download drivers there.

Download whichever version is the latest version and save it to the desktop (extract archive if needed).

Press the Start Menu and type Device Manager. Under Sound, video and game controllers, right click any of the drivers under here (AMD, Realtek etc) and select Uninstall.

Reboot PC.

On reboot, go to the file you downloaded and install the drivers. Once finished, reboot again and test Spotify.

For some reason, not even updating / disabling my audio drivers would fix the issue but completely uninstalling and reinstalling them fixed it!  Thanks for the advice

Well, glad it worked for someone! Enjoy your music!  🙂

Suggested posts