Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't watch podcasts in video format in Spotify in both browser and desktop app.

I can't watch podcasts in video format in Spotify in both browser and desktop app.

I made a clean reinstall and still, nothing changed. the video play button doesn't even exist. in the browser when I press the play video button a black screen appears when I hit play the screen dissapears and the podcast continues to play in audio format.

13 Replies

Hi @srnrknsKLGNsepofnwen,

Thank you for posting on the Community.

We'd like to help you investigate this further, so please share with us the URL of some of the shows you've tried watching videos on, so we can take a look at them.

Also, have you tried using a different device such as a phone to see if there's a difference? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I only watch the Joe Rogan experience 

The Joe Rogan Experience | Podcast on Spotify

and here is a screenshot in the attachments of my device: it's a black screen and when I hit play the video disappears and the podcast continues to play in audio format. 

there is no video option on my phone or the desktop app.

browser.png
phone.png
desktopApp.png

Hi there @srnrknsKLGNsepofnwen,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We've checked this from our end and we're able to watch the video on the desktop version.

Can you let us know if you're using the Microsoft store version or the version from our official website?

It would also be great if you can have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am having this very same issue. I downloaded the Spotify app through the Microsoft store. I am running Windows 11 S. Please help!

Hey @hanahhenderson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

In this type of case, where the issue is on the desktop app; is usually related to some damaged cache stored from previous updates. If you haven't tried it yet, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If the issue persists, could you try installing the version of our Website to see if it makes any difference?

Lastly, if the issue persists, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to keep investigating further.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. I tried clean install, formatted PC and then installed it. Everything works great on webplayer, iphone and on my second computer at another location.

I get the error message "sorry we cant play this content right now" and "Spotify cant play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

My version is:

Spotify for Windows
1.1.91.824.g07f1e963

Using desktop app from Spotifys site.

Hey there @OKcoolio

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this happens with all video podcasts or only with a specific one?

On another note, would you mind checking if the OS of your PC is up to date?

Also, we'd like to know if you've downloaded the app from the Microsoft Store or from our website. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

None of the podcasts I try is available for video.

Regular music works fine.

OS is up to date, installed and reinstalled it several times due to this issue and have updated through windows update after install.

I downloaded the setup from your website.

thanks!

Hi there @OKcoolio,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread. We're sorry that you're not able to take part of the videos in podcasts. Let's take a closer look into this together.

To start with, can you let us know if you performed a clean reinstall that's provided in this article?  This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

It would also be great if you can download the Microsoft version to se if the issue persists.

If you still experiencing this, can you have someone log in with their account on your device to see if it makes any difference?

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey,

I did the clean install a few times.

"It would also be great if you can download the Microsoft version to se if the issue persists." not sure what you mean here?

I have 2 computers and on my other computer this works just fine. The video podcasts also work fine on my iphone.

My account should be just fine.

I did have some type of issue in windows update too to find the absolute latest update.

I am using windows version:21H2 19044.1466

Hey @OKcoolio,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the info shared 🙂

At the moment, it's possible to download the app from both the Microsoft Store and our Web page. So in this case, if you install the desktop app from the web page, try to uninstall that version and try installing the one from the Microsoft one or vice versa.

On another note, and just to confirm, did you try to log in on another account on the affected device? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open their account and check.

We'll keep an eye on your response!

AlejaRModerator

We didn't have these problems when he was on YouTube. I literally just have to re-watch old episodes because Spotify still can't figure out freaking videos in 2022.

2023. Happened after you click download and then its all messed up

Suggested posts