Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify refuses to play certain songs

Spotify refuses to play certain songs

Plan

Free

Country

North America

Device

Microsoft Surface Pro

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My spotify skips over my recently added songs and will not play them no matter what I do, I uninstalled the app, restarted my device, logged out. It does it off and on every month it has been happening for a while.

7 Replies

Hey there @Lginder03,

Thanks for the post.

Does this happen only on your PC or on other device as well?

Also, let us know if this is true only for certain songs or does it happen on random.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes it does it on all my devices.

Hey @Lginder03,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you run through the steps described here, to make sure that you're the only one who has access to your account. As this is happening on al devices, someone else might have access to your account.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

My account hasn't been hacked I have 2 step authentication on.

Hey @Lginder03,

Thanks for the reply.

We're not saying that your account was definitely hacked, it might be logged in one another device, which other users have access to.

We need to go though several troubleshooting steps do get to the bottom of what is causing this issue on your account.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Spotify does the same to me about once a month. Tells me if I have the song loaded on my machine to import it (then doesn't allow me to import it) - and says it cannot play this song right now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked for updates, restarted my machine, NO it is not hacked, no it is not functioning on another device (is only on my PC) - it just refuses to play the music I want to hear. I noticed it will happily play stuff I don't want to hear though.

Hey @Lginder03,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

We appreciate all the troubleshooting you've tried so far as it gives us a better look at the issue. In order to continue checking this case, since it could also be related to some damaged cache stored on your device that doesn't get cleared through the reinstallation process, we'd recommend clearing any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your computer. To do so, you can follow the instructions in this post (even if it's a different issue).

Also, as this could also be related to network permissions and restrictions, if you're using VPN, we'd recommend turning it off and trying again; or using a different network to see if it makes any difference. In case you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts