Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Pixel Gap on Windows 11

As other posts on this forum have stated there exists a pixel wide gap, while using the Spotify app on Windows 11. It appears in fullscreen mode or if the app is next to the taskbar. I know you acknowledged this issue but about 5 months have passed s...

pixel gap.png
  • As other posts on this forum have stated there exists a pixel wide gap, while using the Spotify app on Windows 11. It appears in fullscreen mode or if the app is next to the taskbar. I know you ackno...
  • nikowuesti
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • App & Features
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify app on PC is stuttering every one to three seconds.

Music stutters constantly. I have tested on other speakers, audio from my gpu and motherboard and also on my bluetooth headset, and the stutter still happens. It only happens from the app. I've tried windows media player and the web player and those ...

• Visitor
  • Music stutters constantly. I have tested on other speakers, audio from my gpu and motherboard and also on my bluetooth headset, and the stutter still happens. It only happens from the app. I've tri...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution artist info

Is there a way either on the PC Desktop app or the iPhone app to see more information about an artist?

• Is there a way either on the PC Desktop app or the iPhone app to see more information about an artist?
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop client jumping focus view after clicking on a track in a playlist

Sometimes when clicking on a track in a playlist, the view will jump into focus on that track and change the scrolling position. This also means the track under the mouse cursor changes.This is a problem because double-clicking would then start the w...

• Regular
  • ...problem because double-clicking would then start the wrong track. I have a video-recording of the problem, but I don't want to share it publicly as it shows my private personal info. Is there a...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stop the music and crash when i launch Chrome or Opera

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueHello , when i play a track and i launch Chrome after the sound stop 5 sec after and i can't push play or pause the time continue but not with the sound sometimes my Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device PC Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue Hello , when i play a track and i launch Chrome after the sound stop 5 sec after and i can't pu...
  • Meironnus
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to open Spotify.

A pop-up just says "Unable to Open Spotify." When I tried to delete and restart Spotify, it just does it to me again.

• Casual Listener
  • A pop-up just says "Unable to Open Spotify." When I tried to delete and restart Spotify, it just does it to me again.
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Windows] Local Files won't refresh/load

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Like the title says, after last update the Local Files will not update or even show up anymore. I have tried deleting "index.dat", "local-files.bnk" and clearing cache....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Like the title says, after last update the Local Files will not update or even show u...
  • denxyz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Changing the Cache location

PlanPremiumCountryUnited statesDeviceDesktop (pc)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently I've been looking through my D drive and I see a bunch of 2 digit folders some containing nothing others containing a file that is named gibberis...

• Plan Premium Country United states Device Desktop (pc) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently I've been looking through my D drive and I see a bunch of 2 digit fol...
  • Habsy
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change Titel Bar Buttons UI

When the UI for watching what friends is minimized, and all you see is their picture, the Title Bar Buttons Overlap with your drop-down Profile button. The idea is to make a change to the UI-layout in this specific case.

• Visitor
  • When the UI for watching what friends is minimized, and all you see is their picture, the Title Bar Buttons Overlap with your drop-down Profile button. The idea is to make a change to the UI-layout i...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alexa Drop Outs & Robotic Sound

PlanPremiumUK DeviceEcho 3rd Generation X 4Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I play music on all my 4 devices together, each one will randomly dropout sound crackly or hiss with a sometimes robotic sound. This is random and on any...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium UK   Device Echo 3rd Generation X 4 Operating System (Windows 10)         My Question or Issue When I play music on all my 4 devices together, each ...
  • Lyubka
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Error code auth 2 when login in Windows 10 Spotify App

PlanPremiumDeviceWindows ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro 1909 My Question or IssueI couldn't sign in Spotify via Facebook on Windows 10, it showed "The username or password is incorrect(Error code:auth:2)". It worked fine before I reinstalled ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Device Windows Computer Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1909   My Question or Issue I couldn't sign in Spotify via Facebook on Windows 10, it showed "The username or...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution desktop takes over playback

When I have the desktop program open and am playing on my phone, the desktop will randomly take over playback. It could be a few minutes, it could be a few seconds.

• Visitor
  • When I have the desktop program open and am playing on my phone, the desktop will randomly take over playback. It could be a few minutes, it could be a few seconds.
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Audio peaking and distorting on only Spotify Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows Lenovo laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use Spotify Desktop, the installed software, not the Windows Stores one. All music would peak and distort if it's louder, and I already have the audio qua...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows Lenovo laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use Spotify Desktop, the installed software, not the Windows Stores one. All m...
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows app didn't respondig sometime randomly

Hi, i'm use spotify on pc for a long time. I've never had a problem with it, but lately it's been freezing. I have a good computer, I don't think that's the problem. It has an i7-8700 in it, in good condition. It has been exposed again, is there anyt...

• Hi, i'm use spotify on pc for a long time. I've never had a problem with it, but lately it's been freezing. I have a good computer, I don't think that's the problem. It has an i7-8700 in it, in good ...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs found through search function won't play on pc app

Songs in my library play just fine but songs found through search function doesn't react. There's no error message or loading, just unresponsive.

• Casual Listener
  • Songs in my library play just fine but songs found through search function doesn't react. There's no error message or loading, just unresponsive.
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Volume automatically adjusted to max on desktop

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI recently got a new desktop computer installed with Windows 11. I found the system volume always adjusted automatically up to the max (100) every time I switch to Spotify from other programs. An...

• Casual Listener
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I recently got a new desktop computer installed with Windows 11. I found the system volume always adjusted automatically up to ...
  • Lyubka
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect on Windows Desktop Requiring Premium to play on Echo Dot

Connect on Windows Desktop Requiring Premium to play on Echo Dot PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(Windows Laptop running Desktop App)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueFor the past three days (October 18, 2022), the Spotify Connect feature on t...

• Regular
  • Connect on Windows Desktop Requiring Premium to play on Echo Dot   Plan Free Country USA Device (Windows Laptop running Desktop App) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question o...
  • kuchta
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
    Connect
    Echo
    Echo Dot
    Windows 10 Desktop App
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes