Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Search in library feature doesn't exactly work

Search in library feature doesn't exactly work

Plan

/Premium

Country

us

Device

pc computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When searching in my library the search shows results for some categories and not for others. Also there is no "Songs" category. I have attached screenshots of the same search. With no artists selected it pulls up results. When I filter that search by artist, the results disappear. This seems broken to me. I have felt since the new updates; the way I use spotify has changed and its more difficult to locate what I want to listen to.

image.png
image.png
4 Replies

Hey @lucasax,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

First off, open the Desktop App's Settings and turn off "Enable hardware acceleration". This setting is located under Compatibility then restart Spotify. After you toggle it off, the setting should look like this.

Lyubka_0-1689085556482.png

As a second step, we'd suggest that you disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software that might interfere with the app's performance on your PC. 

Lastly, it's worth checking your hosts files - steps for this can be found here.

In case the issue persists, we'd like you to try to reproduce this with a different account. If a family member has a Spotify account, could you ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way?

Hope something here helps. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @lucasax,

This is intended behavior. In your first screenshot, the sidebar is searching everything in your library, and you happen to have those two albums saved to your Library. The Artists filter works in a similar manner. It only shows and searches through artists you have followed. If you go to Danny Brown's artist page, and select Follow, he will then show up in the sidebar.

If this doesn't help, please follow the instructions @Lyubka provided above.

Hope this helps!

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask!

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

I am not sure if this is the same issue: In the Windows Desktop app, the search function does not find ANY song title from my library. This used to work some time ago, now it doesn't anymore.

Hi @tomriddle,

Thanks for reaching out. Is this the same across all devices? How about the webplayer? Drop us some screenshots of the behaviour so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts