Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Song skips and stops when screen turns back on

Player Windows 10 Pro 2H22 Desktop My screen turns off automatically after 5 min. If Spotify is playing when the screen turns back on (by moving my mouse), the music instantly skips to the next track and stops.

• Casual Listener
  • Player  Windows 10 Pro 2H22 Desktop   My screen turns off automatically after 5 min. If Spotify is playing when the screen turns back on (by moving my mouse), the music instantly skips t...
  • AlejaR
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My desktop client does not play music when I try. Podcasts work though.

I am unable to play music on my desktop client. The music shows in my library but I cannot play any. Podcasts still play though. Have tried reinstalling and restarting but to no avail. Every other client I use works fine (browser and android).

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to play music on my desktop client. The music shows in my library but I cannot play any. Podcasts still play though. Have tried reinstalling and restarting but to no avail. Every other cl...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify isnt playing whole playlist and only playing one song

When I press play on my playlist even with random on it plays one song then after that there's nothing in queue which im not sure why, i also have my discord spotify status not workingI have tried many many times redownloading spotify and logging bac...

• Casual Listener
  • When I press play on my playlist even with random on it plays one song then after that there's nothing in queue which im not sure why, i also have my discord spotify status not working I have tried ...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution SPOTIFY DESKTOP ERR???

when i play music and click to spesific minutes, it go to the next song??? my version is (Spotify for Windows1.1.98.691.gf759311c) whyyy? can someone solve this?

• Casual Listener
  • when i play music and click to spesific minutes, it go to the next song???  my version is (Spotify for Windows 1.1.98.691.gf759311c) whyyy? can someone solve this?
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Something went wrong

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello people on the internet,after updating Spotify from the MS-Store every time I start Spotify an error keeps appearing "Something went wrong", even after "reloading the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello people on the internet, after updating Spotify from the MS-Store every time I start Spotif...
  • unclerk
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution getting logged out when tab closed

When I close my tab or have the tab inactive, I am automatically logged out and must reset my password, as my previous password does not work.

• Regular
  • When I close my tab or have the tab inactive, I am automatically logged out and must reset my password, as my previous password does not work.
  • Vasil
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep skipping

I'm on windows, and when I try to forward or click on a part of a song from the lyrics, it skips to the next song, or the song restarts. And when I click on the lyrics of some parts of the song, something pops telling me something isn't downloaded or...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on windows, and when I try to forward or click on a part of a song from the lyrics, it skips to the next song, or the song restarts. And when I click on the lyrics of some parts of the song, some...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Catalan translation on desktop

PlanPremiumDeviceSurface Pro 5Operating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueCatalan translation arrived some months ago for iOS and Android, but it's not on the desktop version of Spotify. Catalan translation should be available for Windows, macOS a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Surface Pro 5 Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue Catalan translation arrived some months ago for iOS and Android, but it's not on the desktop version ...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    macOS
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Headset sony ch510 only won't play

I am using windows 11I can listen to the computer speakers, headset openmove, and C-USB speakers with no problem.But when I try to listen with sony ch510 it says "This content is currently not playable". I have tried about 30 songs and all are the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using windows 11 I can listen to the computer speakers, headset openmove, and C-USB speakers with no problem. But when I try to listen with sony ch510 it says "This content is currently no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify waking up my PC from Sleep

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've noticed that every time I play spotify on my phone it wakes my PC from sleep mode. I know this because every time I come home to find my PC awake and on the lock screen,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've noticed that every time I play spotify on my phone it wakes my PC from sleep mode. I know thi...
  • Yordan
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Friends activity not working properly

Hello, recently I realized that my friends dont see my listened songs on family activity bar and its not updating since yesterday l also on my computer I dont see some others friends recent listened music since then too and I completely dont have an ...

• Hello, recently I realized that my friends dont see my listened songs on family activity bar and its not updating since yesterday l also on my computer I dont see some others friends recent listened ...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ~Rearranging Playlist

Premium, Windows 10, UK My Question or IssueWhen I try to drag songs up the playlist, as I drop the song, it asks if I want to re-add the track and duplicates it, rather than placing the track where I want it in the playlist. Tried it a few times to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium, Windows 10, UK   My Question or Issue When I try to drag songs up the playlist, as I drop the song, it asks if I want to re-add the track and duplicates it, rather than placing the t...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Queue changing to the start of the playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceCustom Built Windows 10 PC (Have also experienced problem on iPhone and Mac)Operating SystemWindows 10 (Have also experienced problem on iOS 11 and 12, and Mac High Sierra and Mojave) My Question or IssueSo it seems that t...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Custom Built Windows 10 PC (Have also experienced problem on iPhone and Mac) Operating System Windows 10 (Have also experienced problem on iOS 11 and 12...
  • Yordan
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Echo
    iOS
    Mac
    Windows 10
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution can't play downloaded songs offline

i am frustrated and angry. I'm using Spotify app on my desktop computer. I often download my songs for offline use. yet I cannot play them when offline.the songs play only when I'm online even for downloaded songs.I took my time to select desired alb...

• Casual Listener
  • i am frustrated and angry. I'm using Spotify app on my desktop computer. I often download my songs for offline use. yet I cannot play them when offline. the songs play only when I'm online even for ...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Only playing playlisted songs - non-playlist songs not playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicewindows 10 PC My Question or Issue My windows desktop app won't play most/all music I try to play that isn't in a playlist. It's inconsistent but most time if I try to play the top songs for an artist, it doesn't give an er...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device windows 10 PC   My Question or Issue   My windows desktop app won't play most/all music I try to play that isn't in a playlist. It's inconsi...
  • Yordan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect ne fonctionne pas sur l'application desktop windows !

Je suis sous l'application windows, et depuis quelques temps, spotify Connect ne détecte plus aucun appareils, et aucun appareil ne détecte mon ordinateur. J'ai lu des forums sur lesquels il y avait marqué que ce serai résolu dans la version 1.1.94.8...

• Visitor
  • Je suis sous l'application windows, et depuis quelques temps, spotify Connect ne détecte plus aucun appareils, et aucun appareil ne détecte mon ordinateur. J'ai lu des forums sur lesquels il y avait ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play Bruce Springsteens latest, Only the strong survive, on windows?

It works fine on the web, but not on the windows app!Some songs may work but not the album!It has happend before om some Bob Dyland tunes

• Visitor
  • It works fine on the web, but not on the windows app! Some songs may work but not the album! It has happend before om some Bob Dyland tunes
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes