Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 17 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Why can't I use 6 1-month Spotify cards?

I bought six 1-month Spotify cards from my local Rite-Aid for $10.00 a card and I read somewhere the limit you can do is 18months at a time so I only bought 6 cards each being 1 month but after adding 4 of the 6 the site wouldn't let me redeem any fu...

• I bought six 1-month Spotify cards from my local Rite-Aid for $10.00 a card and I read somewhere the limit you can do is 18months at a time so I only bought 6 cards each being 1 month but after addin...
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution playlists contain a note symbol instead of the track number

PlanI am a paying customer.CountrySweden.DeviceMSI laptop.Operating SystemWindows 10.My Question or IssueSome of my playlists contain a note symbol instead of the track number that normally is displayed. I think it happens when I copy songs from anot...

• Roadie
  • Plan I am a paying customer. Country Sweden. Device MSI laptop. Operating System Windows 10. My Question or Issue Some of my playlists contain a note symbol instead of the track number that ...
  • bosi
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No se reproduce la música

Busco determinado interprete, sale la playlist respectiva pero cuando apreto el botón de play no reproduce la canción

• Visitor
  • Busco determinado interprete, sale la playlist respectiva pero cuando apreto el botón de play no reproduce la canción
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't play songs that aren't liked or in a playlist (Windows)

Can't play any songs that aren't liked or in a playlist on spotify on my windows 11 app. If I do try to play one of those songs, nothing shows up on the current playing thing at the bottom. Also, I can't put songs on my pc from my phone, like connect...

• Casual Listener
  • Can't play any songs that aren't liked or in a playlist on spotify on my windows 11 app. If I do try to play one of those songs, nothing shows up on the current playing thing at the bottom. Also, I c...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Full Screen Mode

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs there a way to turn off the "up Next" box? And if not could this be added as an option please

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is there a way to turn off the "up Next" box? And if not could this be added as an option pl...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify for Web non functioning

I use Spotify for Web on Windows 10 in Chrome. I've been getting a consistent "you are offline" error despite knowing that my computer is connected to the internet and otherwise working fine. Signing out and back in again has made the issue worse, be...

• Visitor
  • I use Spotify for Web on Windows 10 in Chrome. I've been getting a consistent "you are offline" error despite knowing that my computer is connected to the internet and otherwise working fine. Signing...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local File does not play, is stuck at 0:00?

I have 2 songs in my playlist. I edited the cover, name, song name, etc.When I try to play them, they are stuck at 0:00. If I go to a timestamp e.G 1:14, it is stuck at 1.14. Anyone know how to fix this?

• Visitor
  • I have 2 songs in my playlist. I edited the cover, name, song name, etc. When I try to play them, they are stuck at 0:00. If I go to a timestamp e.G 1:14, it is stuck at 1.14. Anyone know how to fix...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution After unpausing a song, it mutes but apparently keeps playing and remains muted until I pick another

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter I pause a song on Spotify for Windows and then come back to resume it, the progress bar moves as if the song is playing but there is zero audio. The only way I have found to fix this is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After I pause a song on Spotify for Windows and then come back to resume it, the progress bar moves as if the song is playin...
  • MihailY
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution look of app

my app looks diffrend, how can i get old look of my app back (windows)https://imgur.com/a/tUT4zEz

• Visitor
  • my app looks diffrend, how can i get old look of my app back (windows) https://imgur.com/a/tUT4zEz
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

where is the friend feed on desktop app

the friend feed came at first on the desktop spotify app when i downloaded it. it came on the right hand side. now i cant find it back

• Casual Listener
  • the friend feed came at first on the desktop spotify app when i downloaded it. it came on the right hand side. now i cant find it back
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files - Spotify Desktop Won't Recognize Metadata

PremiumWindows 10 I've got some mp3 files that Spotify won't recognize the titles of. I've fixed them in Mp3tag, but Spotify still won't recognize them. Check out the attached pic from Mp3tag... ... and check out the attached pic from Spotify Desktop...

• Music Fan
  • Premium Windows 10   I've got some mp3 files that Spotify won't recognize the titles of. I've fixed them in Mp3tag, but Spotify still won't recognize them. Check out the attached pic from Mp3...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recommended songs resets to first selection after refreshing it and leaving page

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktop & IPhoneOperating SystemWindows & IOS My Question or IssueAfter refreshing the recommended songs list at the bottom of my playlist, the list will reset back to the initial list if I leave the page and come back ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country UK Device Desktop & IPhone Operating System Windows & IOS   My Question or Issue After refreshing the recommended songs list at the bottom of my playl...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have no current Facebook integration. How do I refresh my connection?

My profile picture and list of friends do not update, there are no friends in the "Friend Activity" section, and, I do not have the "Connect to Facebook" button in settings that everyone talks about.I have tried logging out and logging back in, updat...

• My profile picture and list of friends do not update, there are no friends in the "Friend Activity" section, and, I do not have the "Connect to Facebook" button in settings that everyone talks about....
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music won't playback, but podcasts do.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn my PC the play button is disabled for all music. Podcasts still seem to play.I can play music on my PC through the web browser player.All other devices are ok.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On my PC the play button is disabled for all music. Podcasts still seem to play. I can play music ...
  • benjamin2017
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Searching song in playlist not possible anymore with keyboard

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSince some time, the feature to find a song in a playlist by typing part of the name of the playlist is not working anymore. It's very annoying and I find myself cursin...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Since some time, the feature to find a song in a playlist by typing part of the name of the pl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shortcut ctrl+l not focus to search bar

When you press shortcut ctrl+l, it switches to search page, but focus to search input is gone immediately and you have to press ctrl+l again. Even though this topic https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Ctrl-L-shortcut-for-search-broken-af...

• Music Fan
  • When you press shortcut ctrl+l, it switches to search page, but focus to search input is gone immediately and you have to press ctrl+l again.   Even though this topic https://community.spotify...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][iPhone] Syncronization between queues works badly

I am experiencing a problem with using the iPhone app and Desktop app.When I go to work I listen on my iPhone. Then when I get to work I switch to using the Desktop version instead. Then the queue is synconized so I can keep listening on the same que...

• Music Fan
  • I am experiencing a problem with using the iPhone app and Desktop app. When I go to work I listen on my iPhone. Then when I get to work I switch to using the Desktop version instead.  Then the...
  • Lyubka
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost queue / Perte de la file d'attente

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceAcer One 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Yesterday, I spend a lot of time making a queue and this morning all my queued songs dissapear and I'm left with an empty play queue. How can I recover this song...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Acer One 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue     Yesterday, I spend a lot of time making a queue and this morning all m...
  • llefe
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes