Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant play any music on spotify

I cant play any music on spotify

About a day ago i opened up Spotify and tried to play some song but but nothing worked i couldn't see the album art in the bottom left corner, the name of the song currently playing didn't show up, the song timer was not a the bottom, and i couldn't see any friendly activity. I went online to look for solutions but none of them helped. I did multiple fresh installs, the internet is working fine, my speakers are working fine on browsers and games, my account works fine on my phone and when i tried it on my brothers computer, i even tried playing songs from spotify on my browser and it worked fine. I'm also able to search for songs and artist on the spotify app without any problems.

I'm on a windows system and have a free spotify account.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Reply

Hey @gibby23r,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! No worries. Help is on the way.

A reinstall usually helps with such issues, so good job on trying that out. However it's possible that there were still some leftover files that might be causing this behavior. 

Could you give it another go, but this time make sure to follow these steps, so the reinstall is clean? You should also check if there are any Spotify entries in your hosts file. You'll find detailed instructions on how to do this here.

If that doesn't fix thing it would be great if you post a couple of screenshots, so that we see how the issue looks from your end. You can use the Insert Photos option in the post editor to do this, just be sure to hide any personal or sensitive information.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts