Country

Me: US

Collaborators: UK

Device

All of us:  Windows PC

Operating System

All of us: Win10

My Question or Issue

I created a collaborative playlist. It appears in my Library/Playlists, accompanied by the small circle icon.

I did the Share/Copy Playlist Link maneuver. I sent the link to the collaborators. They loaded the link in their browsers. They can see the collaborative playlist. They cannot add it to their library, or add any songs to the playlist. They can witness, but they cannot actually collaborate. They do not find any "follow" button, and the "like" heart icon does not do the trick.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jthomas100

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

For the time being it's not possible to add to collaborative playlists when using the Spotify web player. This option is only available on desktop and mobile devices.     

Your friends can download the Spotify app depending on the device they're using and add tracks to your collaborative playlist. Check out this help page for more info on how to download the app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Also should add:
Me: Spotify desktop app
Collaborators: Spotify Web player
Marked as solution

Hey @Jthomas100

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

For the time being it's not possible to add to collaborative playlists when using the Spotify web player. This option is only available on desktop and mobile devices.     

Your friends can download the Spotify app depending on the device they're using and add tracks to your collaborative playlist. Check out this help page for more info on how to download the app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

Ah. Thank you. Seems a rather crucial bit of information. Might I suggest that an alert to this critical, go/no-go, pass/fail condition be included in the how-to instructions for collaborative playlists?

Hey @Jthomas100

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Keep in mind you can always refer to our official Spotify support page for more instructions on how to use the collaborative playlist features. 

You can also take a look at this article explaining the availability of this option across different devices and Spotify app versions. 

We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Suggested posts