Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Impossible to start the app on windows

Solved!

Impossible to start the app on windows

Somebody can help me? I'm using spotify premium. For a few days, I've been unable to start my desktop app on windows. When I click on the app, for five seconds the app icon and the pointer look like the app will open, and then back to normal, nothing happens. When I try to uninstall the app, it says that I need to wait till the modifications of the app are finished. I've switched my pc on and off a few times. I've install the app without uninstalling first, whatever I do it always reacts the same. Could you help me ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello again 

That's not cool, there are couple of things you can try for troubleshoot and hopefully would be helpful for you : )

• If you have BitDefender >> Go to bitdefender config -> antivirus -> exceptions -> processes and add spotify (allowed). In your case maybe it's blocking your Spotify and won't let it start. 

The other thing you can try is to manually delete the Spotify Cache folder 

• Go to C:\Program Files and delete the Spotify folder. 

•  

Go to C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming and delete the Spotify folder 

The 3rd thing you can try is to launch your PC into save mode and unistall Spotify via save mode 

• Shutdown your PC and restart it in Safe Mode (Usually hit the F8 key repeatedly during the boot up process and select Safe Mode from the menu)
  • While in Safe Mode, Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Spotify
  • Shutdown your PC and boot it back up as normal (Not in save mode)
MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @wanni1, thanks for posting! 

Could you please try reinstall instruction and download Spotify from this link 

If the Windows don't let you uninstall the program, try to enter the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) > right click on Spotify processes > End Task 

Then you should be ready to uninstall the app and install it again. 

Anyway, for these kinds of issues, the first to try is log out and log back in the app, if the things doesn't run smoothly after this, then reinstallation is almost always the right decision to help with the possible issue : )

Thank You @ ! When I open the task manager, spotify doesn't appear in the "applications" tab, but indeed it appears 5 times in the "process" tab. I Killed all 5 processes. Then I tried to uninstall the app, a new process gets activated ( spotify.exe*32 ) but nothing happens. I killed the process once again and tried to uninstall spotify one more time, the process gets activated once again and nothing happens. Idem if I switch on and off my pc. Any other solution?

( looks like somebody had exactly the same problem as me, unfortunately no solution is given in the thread ( in french ) http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-30450182-spotify-ne-se-lance-plus)

Marked as solution

Hello again 

That's not cool, there are couple of things you can try for troubleshoot and hopefully would be helpful for you : )

• If you have BitDefender >> Go to bitdefender config -> antivirus -> exceptions -> processes and add spotify (allowed). In your case maybe it's blocking your Spotify and won't let it start. 

The other thing you can try is to manually delete the Spotify Cache folder 

• Go to C:\Program Files and delete the Spotify folder. 

•  

Go to C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming and delete the Spotify folder 

The 3rd thing you can try is to launch your PC into save mode and unistall Spotify via save mode 

• Shutdown your PC and restart it in Safe Mode (Usually hit the F8 key repeatedly during the boot up process and select Safe Mode from the menu)
  • While in Safe Mode, Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Spotify
  • Shutdown your PC and boot it back up as normal (Not in save mode)

That's working fine ( your second option below )! thanks a lot!

Excellent, glad you're all fine! 

Suggested posts