Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Is it possible to only download songs on phone, not on desktop?

Solved!

Is it possible to only download songs on phone, not on desktop?

Hi there,

I'm wondering if it's possible to only download songs on my phone and not on my laptop. My laptop is low on space and the songs are taking up over 8GB; as I'm always on Wifi on my laptop I'm not botherd about having them downloaded.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No it shouldn't? I have the same playlists on 3 devices and although it will sync any changes you make on one device across the other two, u should still need to manually slide the OFFLINE sync button to EACH device to download the songs? So on my main jukebox pc I sync all my playlists but on devices with less storage I only sync 1 playlist! Hope this helps?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @dandandan-, if you are a Premium subscriber you can download songs/albums/playlists to your phone. Here’s an article with a video to help you: https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_phone_tablet_desktop/listen-offline/

Enjoy!

Hi Erick, I have the songs on my phone already - I'm wondering if it's possible to only have them on my phone, and not on my laptop. As far as I know, selecting the download option also syncs it across all your devices.

Marked as solution

No it shouldn't? I have the same playlists on 3 devices and although it will sync any changes you make on one device across the other two, u should still need to manually slide the OFFLINE sync button to EACH device to download the songs? So on my main jukebox pc I sync all my playlists but on devices with less storage I only sync 1 playlist! Hope this helps?

Okay yeah, you were right. That's odd because when I started to download (around 2 years ago), I just did it all on my laptop and then it synced to my phone, so I thought it was the same when you change it back. Thanks!

Suggested posts