Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can't login

Spotify Usernamenicolasreinertc.PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I can't seem to login to my account on Desktop. I type in my correct password, but the login button goes dark when i press it and it just stays that way forev...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username nicolasreinertc. Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I can't seem to login to my account on Desktop.  I type in my correc...
  • MoonRC
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't see Shuffle button

PlanFreeCountry USDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't for the life of me find the shuffle button, either on the Web player or my desktop app. I've searched and found the help article saying its at the bottom of the player, ...

spotify.png
  • Plan Free Country  US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't for the life of me find the shuffle button, either on the Web player or my desktop app.&...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Song not playing

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been having issues recently with playing You Know You're Right by Nirvana, I've seen other people having the same issues too. A person I'm talking with in the US is a...

•   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been having issues recently with playing You Know You're Right by Nirvana, I've se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing everything in my library

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if there was a simple way to just play everything in my library, or content from every artists I'm following. Searched and couldn't find anything either on the forums or elsewhere. Either there is no features like t...

• Hey everyone!  I was just wondering if there was a simple way to just play everything in my library, or content from every artists I'm following. Searched and couldn't find anything either on th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Control way down, but actual volume output quite high

Spotify Premium Family, Windows X, PCEver since I connected a SONOS Player the volume control in the Spotify Dektop App does not represent its actual output. What you see in the picture is the "normal" output, if I move it any higher (by VERY careful...

Volume Control.jpg
  • Spotify Premium Family, Windows X, PC Ever since I connected a SONOS Player the volume control in the Spotify Dektop App does not represent its actual output. What you see in the picture is the "n...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Desktop Windows 10 - Software does not start anymore

Dear All,Suddenly, Spotify for Windows 10 (both the windows store app and the program) does not stary anymore. If I want to start Spotify, only the icon in the taskbar appears. I try to re-install both several times and also start it as an administra...

•   Dear All, Suddenly, Spotify for Windows 10 (both the windows store app and the program) does not stary anymore. If I want to start Spotify, only the icon in the taskbar appears. I try to re-...
  • 4dp-_xguthncq
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify becomes slow when in online mode

PlanPremium Country Sweden DevicePC, Galaxy S8 Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or Issue Pretty much, already written this 3 times... Let's go. Whenever I have the spotify app on PC in the "online" mode it lags up really bad. It c...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country  Sweden   Device PC, Galaxy S8   Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Pretty much, already written ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs playlist on windows wont sync up with android

Read similiar issues on here, could not fix it with the suggestions. I have not added huge number of songs to my Songs playlist from my android phone, but it does not sync anyway.

• Read similiar issues on here, could not fix it with the suggestions. I have not added huge number of songs to my Songs playlist from my android phone, but it does not sync anyway.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps starting with some weird song

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I start up my Spotify, it will always start with this billy idol song. WHICH I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE. Is there a way to not start with this song?

Capture1.PNG
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Whenever I start up my Spotify, it will always start with this billy idol song. WHIC...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Radar is sorted differently on desktop than mobile

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(LG G6/PC)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I was listening to release radar earlier on my phone and going down the list from the top by the default sort method. It's sorted by "custom" and I'm not sure how t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device (LG G6/PC) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I was listening to release radar earlier on my phone and going down the list f...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Bug] Artists available but unplayable on any device.

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktop, Laptop, Sony Xperia z5 (E6653)Operating SystemWindows 10, Android 7.1.1 My Question or Issue [Songs that were playable a moment ago are locked up the next moment]All of a sudden certain artists have beomce unplayable on all ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop, Laptop, Sony Xperia z5 (E6653) Operating System Windows 10, Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue  [Songs that were playable a moment ago are locked up t...
  • Luukski
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hit Spotify Song Limit Early

I apparently hit the song limit of 10,000 songs in my library. However, after adding ALL songs to a new playlist to see the total, I have 9,431.How come I'm being told I've hit the limit when there is still space for 569 songs?

• I apparently hit the song limit of 10,000 songs in my library.  However, after adding ALL songs to a new playlist to see the total, I have 9,431. How come I'm being told I've hit the limit wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IDEA: Refresh all portions of Spotify with settings feature

I did a search and seen that a few posts with this idea have been inactive so, I want to post another request for the same thing to keep the idea alive. But I want to take it a few steps further:SECTIONS THAT SHOULD REFRESH:1. Right side playlist nav...

• Roadie
  • I did a search and seen that a few posts with this idea have been inactive so, I want to post another request for the same thing to keep the idea alive. But I want to take it a few steps further: SE...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ideas
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG: Can't see list of type Radio after closing and restarting Spotify.

When I creat a list of type Radio from a root (song or another list), and then close Spotify, but then come back in the evening and restart Spotify, it will continue playing tracks from that Radio list, but I can't see the list any more! The only way...

• Roadie
  • When I creat a list of type Radio from a root (song or another list), and then close Spotify, but then come back in the evening and restart Spotify, it will continue playing tracks from that Radio li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio List
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The songs are stopping suddenly

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I listening to some song and I open a game, like, League of Legends, or something like that, the Spotify just say that it can't possible reproduce the song and stop fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Brazil Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Every time I listening to some song and I open a game, like, League of Legends, or something like tha...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify app not receiving wifi

PlanPremiumCountry americaDeviceAsus laptopOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify is not recieveing wifi it gets the error code:4 and i can't play any of my playlists and i get this banner that says no internet connections even thoug...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  america Device Asus laptop Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue  Spotify is not recieveing wifi it gets the error code:4 and i can't play ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend activity

Having a similar problem that I had a few weeks ago. The friend feed/ follower activity is glitching. One friend in particular has been on almost every day yet his activity doesn't even show up. We've talked and tried to figure it out, when he came t...

• Music Fan
  • Having a similar problem that I had a few weeks ago. The friend feed/ follower activity is glitching. One friend in particular has been on almost every day yet his activity doesn't even show up. We'v...
  • cerealgm
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • follower activity
    Friend Feed
    Help
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

What websites do I need to allow if I am blocking all other websites?

My 11 year old son loves to listen to Spotify, and he has it on his computer, but I use proxy settings to block access to all websites except those I specifically allow. I had added spotify.com to the list and it used to work. Now when he opens Spoti...

•   My 11 year old son loves to listen to Spotify, and he has it on his computer, but I use proxy settings to block access to all websites except those I specifically allow. I had added spotify.c...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stopping, not restarting

Hi there, I have free Spotify, it plays a few songs from an album i choose, then stops & wont start again. I think what is happening is that when it is time for an add, the add dosent start, so the music dosent start again. Is my computer blockig the...

•    Hi there, I have free Spotify, it plays a few songs from an album i choose, then stops & wont start again. I think what is happening is that when it is time for an add, the add dose...
  • Skalpinocore
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Make a This Is: Billy Joel

Several great artists have received "This Is " Spotify albums/playlists. (Examples include This Is: Queen or This Is: Panic! At The Disco) I think that Billy Joel should have one of these. He is one of the most talented artists on Spotify and very de...

•   Several great artists have received "This Is " Spotify albums/playlists. (Examples include This Is: Queen or This Is: Panic! At The Disco) I think that Billy Joel should have one of these. He...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes