Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to move a song without dragging?

Solved!

Is there a way to move a song without dragging?

I have a very long playlist (over 1200 songs). When I add a new song, it goes to the bottom of the playlist. If I want to move the song close to the top, it takes a very long time for the screen to scroll through all the songs before it gets to the position I wan to drop it in. Is there a way to specify the location so the songs gets directly dropped in that location instead of dragging it to that location?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Like @JessiebabyJ mentioned, it's best you use the Desktop app for this one. Feel free to try the following steps:

1. Open the playlist in question and press End on your keyboard - this should take you to the bottom of the playlist immediately.
  2. Click on the track you just added to the playlist and press Ctrl + X to cut it.
  3. Scroll to the position in the playlist where you'd like to drop the track (I recommend using the Scroll bar to the right, as it scrolls faster), then click on the track above and press Ctrl + V - this should paste the track below the one you just clicked on.

You can cut and paste as many tracks as you want this way. For more info on keyboard shortcuts check out this article.

Hope this info was helpful. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there, I completely agree with you! I am also trying to get an answer to can I move my songs on my playlist without having to drag it? Maybe try dragging them on a computer?

Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Like @JessiebabyJ mentioned, it's best you use the Desktop app for this one. Feel free to try the following steps:

1. Open the playlist in question and press End on your keyboard - this should take you to the bottom of the playlist immediately.
  2. Click on the track you just added to the playlist and press Ctrl + X to cut it.
  3. Scroll to the position in the playlist where you'd like to drop the track (I recommend using the Scroll bar to the right, as it scrolls faster), then click on the track above and press Ctrl + V - this should paste the track below the one you just clicked on.

You can cut and paste as many tracks as you want this way. For more info on keyboard shortcuts check out this article.

Hope this info was helpful. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the tip.  It worked.

Suggested posts