Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Unmute in Volume Mixer

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceIdeaPad FlexOperating SystemWindows 10 My IssueAs you can see in the screen shot attached, Spotify will not unmute. I have relaunched the app, closed other applications, and changed the volume. No matter what I do...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device IdeaPad Flex Operating System Windows 10   My Issue As you can see in the screen shot attached, Spotify will not unmute. I have relaunched the...
  • BonerFett
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Win 10] Add to queue missing

PlanPremiumCountryUS DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI had two computers update Spotify automatically today and the "add to queue" is missing. I contacted support and got the uninstall reinstall speech, which I did end up doing...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I had two computers update Spotify automatically today and the "add to queue" is missing. I...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Clicking play on the song from the top result plays the last song played.

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceWindows laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter the latest update earlier today (1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf), there's a bug in the desktop version for Windows. Steps to replicate it: 1. Start Spotify...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia Device Windows laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After the latest update earlier today (1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf), there's a bug...
  • Elena
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

cant download a song/playlist on pc

Plan Premium Country Azerbaijan Device HP Operating System Windows 10 Im having trouble with downloading playlists on pc. I can download all playlists on my phone spotify app, but when I try to download playlists on my pc app, it just ignores me, the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Azerbaijan Device HP Operating System Windows 10   Im having trouble with downloading playlists on pc. I can download all playlists on my phone spotify app...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do you like a podcast?

Plan: Student PremiumCountry: United StatesDevice: Laptop (Acer Nitro 5)OS: Windows 10 My Question or IssueI seem to be experiencing some difficulties with liking podcast episodes. Unlike songs that I can open and click the Heart/Like button for when...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Student Premium Country: United States Device: Laptop (Acer Nitro 5) OS: Windows 10   My Question or Issue I seem to be experiencing some difficulties with liking podcast episodes. U...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • availability
    liking
    podcast problems
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Win10 Content Not Available 2022

Plan Premium, FamilyCountry CanadaDevice Windows 10 PC, Pixel 6 - both were manually reset and flashed THIS MORNING.Date: For the google search results, March 21 2022Issue: Windows 10, either version of the app, every single song in every playlist, l...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium, Family Country Canada Device Windows 10 PC, Pixel 6 - both were manually reset and flashed THIS MORNING. Date: For the google search results, March 21 2022 Issue: Windows 10, eith...
  • CarlosE
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop/Webplayer] Shuffle and Back does not work on certain playlists.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWebplayerOperating SystemWindows 10 (Google Chrome) My Question or IssueAfter using Spotify's Webplayer on a work device I have noticed that certain playlists in my library will brick my Webplayer, preventing it f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Webplayer Operating System Windows 10 (Google Chrome)   My Question or Issue After using Spotify's Webplayer on a work device I have noticed t...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Song is stuttering at sec 7-10

Okay so since last week, my spotify is acting crazy. Every song i play is like suttering at the beginning for a few seconds and its pissing me off. I usually never need any help when it comes to technical issues because im a tech guy myself, but this...

• Visitor
  • Okay so since last week, my spotify is acting crazy. Every song i play is like suttering at the beginning for a few seconds and its pissing me off. I usually never need any help when it comes to tech...
  • oscuro87
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files automatically link to Spotify Database

Another issue that Spotify is REALLY grinding my gears with... First of all, the album that I wanted to listen to was not on Spotify. So me being me, I gather up the album and artwork and change all of the settings on iTunes to make it proper. Then I...

• Visitor
  • Another issue that Spotify is REALLY grinding my gears with... First of all, the album that I wanted to listen to was not on Spotify. So me being me, I gather up the album and artwork and change ...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Your Library] Bring back song progress bar

In the latest desktop application, there is no longer a lower time bar/progress bar that shows the duration of the individual track and the progress through the song. This is an extremely useful feature and it should be brought back!

• Casual Listener
  • In the latest desktop application, there is no longer a lower time bar/progress bar that shows the duration of the individual track and the progress through the song. This is an extremely useful feat...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Connect] BUG: Cannot Spotify Connect when playing Playlist Folder

When playing a Playlist Folder (in order to shuffle multiple playlists) Spotify Connect will not work. Works only if "This Computer" is selected as playback device. Attempt to select other device through Spotify Connect results in following error mes...

• When playing a Playlist Folder (in order to shuffle multiple playlists) Spotify Connect will not work.   Works only if "This Computer" is selected as playback device.   Attempt to selec...
  • ckargel
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

[Desktop][Other] ads dont close and unable to browse when video is maxed in frame

same thing ads dont close when i press x on them while im watching JRE i hope it not a premium thing if so thats annoying af im not talking about skipping ads im talking about the pop up over the ad it wont let me browse other things/shows during thi...

• Casual Listener
  • same thing ads dont close when i press x on them while im watching JRE i hope it not a premium thing if so thats annoying af im not talking about skipping ads im talking about the pop up over the ad ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is cutting all my audio

PlanFree/PremiumUsing PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Windows PCOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Windows 10My Question or IssueFor some reason every time I pause Spotify or a playlist fini...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Using Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Windows PC Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Windows 10...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't receive email or cellphone notifications

I use both the desktop and mobile(IOS) Spotify app,and I've turned on all the notification settings in my account,but when my favorite artist released an new album,there wasn't any notifications to let me know.How does this function work?I thought it...

• Music Fan
  • I use both the desktop and mobile(IOS) Spotify app, and I've turned on all the notification settings in my account, but when my favorite artist released an new album, there wasn't any notification...
  • jc3113
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Issue with searching

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.When I have typed on search box, n...

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Browse
    Search
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics are not fully visible

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen viewing lyrics on the spotify desktop app , most of the time a huge chunk of the lyrics are cut off and since scrolling is not possible only a bit of each line ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country India Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When viewing lyrics on the spotify desktop app , most of the time a huge chunk of...
  • OscarDC
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Plus

PlanSpotify PlusCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have Spotify Plus until April. But I cannot skip ads.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Spotify Plus Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have Spotify Plus until April. But I cannot skip ads.
  • CPII
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Random artists showing up in my Release Radar.

My Question or IssueI have Premium now for about 8 years. There was a lapse in my account back in 2012 which is why it shows 6 years rather than 8. I listen to nothing but Drum 'n' Bass. As far as I know nobody has ever hijacked my account nor does a...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue I have Premium now for about 8 years. There was a lapse in my account back in 2012 which is why it shows 6 years rather than 8. I listen to nothing but Drum 'n' ...
  • paddotk
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist is repeating songs when REPEAT is off!

I am playing my "Liked Songs" playlist... Repeat & Shuffle are off... yet the queue is repeating songs. Not only is it repeating them, but not all of the songs are playing before they repeat.PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSADevicedesktopOperating SystemWi...

• Music Fan
  • I am playing my "Liked Songs" playlist... Repeat & Shuffle are off... yet the queue is repeating songs. Not only is it repeating them, but not all of the songs are playing before they repeat. Pl...
  • PandaWoods321
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • repeat
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Fullscreen album cover/media control fade away after a few seconds

PlanPremium FamilyCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I've only just discovered the fullscreen option recently and this has become how I like to listen to Spotify now as I was able to throw it up on my secon...

nfbyrne_0-1629373778325.png nfbyrne_1-1629373812081.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I've only just discovered the fullscreen option recently and this has become ...
  • Elena
  • 53 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 53 replies
  • 30 likes