Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify desktop app doesn't connect with my phone

My spotify desktop app doesn't connect with my phone

My spotify desktop app doesn't connect to my phone..doesn't let me listen along with my friends on discord and doesn't appear as activity on discord.
1 Reply

The issue you're experiencing with your Spotify desktop app not connecting to your phone, not allowing you to listen along with friends on Discord, and not appearing as activity on Discord could be caused by a few different things. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Make sure that both your computer and your phone are connected to the internet and that the connection is stable.

• Check your Spotify settings: Make sure that the "Device available" and "Show on my profile" settings are turned on in the Spotify app on your computer and your phone.

• Check your Discord settings: Make sure that the Spotify integration is enabled in the Discord settings, and that you have granted Spotify permission to share your activity on Discord.

• Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of Spotify and Discord installed on your computer and your phone. Updating the apps can sometimes fix bugs or compatibility issues.

• Reinstall Spotify: try to reinstall Spotify on your desktop, sometimes it could solve the problem.

• Check your firewall: Make sure that your firewall is not blocking Spotify's connection to the internet.

If none of these solutions work, it might be a bug on Spotify's side or a compatibility issue with Discord. In that case, you can contact Spotify's customer support for further assistance. They might be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution.

Additionally, you could also contact Discord support, they can help you troubleshoot the Spotify integration on their platform.

Suggested posts