Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there any way at all to import iTunes playlists into Spotify?

Is there any way at all to import iTunes playlists into Spotify?

I am bewlidered! When I had first tried Spotify premium 4-5 months ago, it had automatically copied all my playlists from iTunes. If my memory didn't fail me, the only thing I did after that was formatting my PC. However, I installed the same Windows 10 64-bit OS. I went ahead and installed Spotify on my fresh system, but none of the iTunes playlists (or any local files at all) were visible without intervention. I managed to add local files manually by adding a source under Settings / Show Local Files. However, I still can't find a way to import my playlists.

To get just a few things out of the way, all sources under Show Local Files are enabled, including iTunes. And inside iTunes itself, the option "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" is enabled under Preferences / Advanced.

Have I missed anything? Is there currently any way to import playlists from iTunes to spotify? Thanks.

Plan

Premium

Country

Saudi Arabia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 x64

My Question or Issue

How to import playlists from iTunes?

3 Replies

Hey @SinanDira, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify won't transfer local files between different desktop OSes, it only works between your PC/Mac and mobile/tablet devices.

Unfortunately Spotify doesn't have a way to import iTunes playlists.

Check this article on how to put your local files in Spotify though.

Hope it helps 🙂

@Loxer wrote:

Unfortunately Spotify doesn't have a way to import iTunes playlists.

What? But it surely did less than half a year ago! Did they change the features or did I accidentally have some sort of unintended feature?

You may use a great tool called "MusConv" to import/export all your playlists between all the top streaming platforms including spotify.

Suggested posts