Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue when dragging song from "Next in queue" to "Next up" section

Solved!

Issue when dragging song from "Next in queue" to "Next up" section

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7620

Operating System

Windows 11

Spotify Version

Spotify for Windows (MS Store)
1.1.99.878.g1e4ccc6e

My Question or Issue

I like to drag songs from my manually created queue ("Next in queue") to the auto-generated queue ("Next up.") I can drag the currently playing song to the "Next up" section, but something I manually added to the queue will go into the second but not the first spot in this section (see video below).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @kaworu_bloodpaw,

Thanks for reaching out. For the moment, this is expected behaviour as moving the song as first in the "Next from" queue doesn't change the order in which songs will be played. We appreciate the feedback though and will be sure to pass this on to the right folks 🙂

Hope this clears things up.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @kaworu_bloodpaw,

Thanks for reaching out. For the moment, this is expected behaviour as moving the song as first in the "Next from" queue doesn't change the order in which songs will be played. We appreciate the feedback though and will be sure to pass this on to the right folks 🙂

Hope this clears things up.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks @Kiril

I understand now why this would be expected behavior, but I would like to suggest why I want to drag items in this manner:

The main reason is that I often like to hit previous and listen to the same track again, without adding it to the queue again or putting it in repeat one. If something was just added to the queue and not in "next up," if you press Previous, it goes back to the last song played from Next up.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks again.

Suggested posts