Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jumps to unknown playlist

Jumps to unknown playlist

So recently I have had the issue where after a random amount of time listening to my music on my computer, Spotify will stop what ever playlist I am listening, and play the same few songs over and over. I have no Idea what these songs are, I never liked them or added them to any playlist. These songs just replace what ever playlist is currently running, cuts off the audio, and just plays silently on repeat until I reselect my own playlists. I've tried signing out and signing back in as well as deleting and reinstalling, all to no avail.

3 Replies

Hey there @ajdealey

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you notice any suspicious activity on your Spotify account, always follow the steps below first:

1. Open the Reset Password form in a private/incognito window and create a new, strong password you haven’t used for another online service; 

2. Open your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I had this same issue starting yesterday. A totally random playlist that I never heard of and would never listen to would start playing a few minutes in, interrupting whatever I was listening to.

The fix worked, but it was disturbing and I am concerned about security.

Hi @user-removed,

Glad to have you on the Community and thanks for sharing this with us!

If you suspect your account is used by someone other than yourself, there are several things you can do to secure your account and make sure it's well protected. We recommend you visit this support page to learn how.

Hopefully it will not come to this! But should you loose access to your account, be sure to follow the steps on this page. The support team will then help you to secure your account and hand it back to you.

Feel free to reach out to us again, if you're having any concerns.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts