Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort Playlist By Newest Added To Oldest Added?

Sort Playlist By Newest Added To Oldest Added?

I follow some playlists and they're sorted by what's added recentlty to what was added first. I want to make my playlist set this way. However, whenever I share my playlist with friends, they see the very first songs I added at the top instead of the stuff I added more recently. How do I fix this?

This is the playlist in question: https://open.spotify.com/user/1233829854/playlist/2jS8qQ4G1p35AbDmBonOaD

13 Replies

At the top of the playlist where it lists "SONG"-"ARTIST"- "ALBUM" - a "calender" icon &  the running time. if click any of those it will sort the list alphabetically, date added, run time etc...

I get that. But how do I make it so all new visitors get to see it sorted by default as newest published to oldest published?

That i do not know= for a paying service spotify is so lacking. There is no default. So it's up to you. I guess

spotify:user:livinlargo:playlist:7rlhPtNeBI9Ssyd4AHKoGK

That i do not know= for a paying service spotify is so lacking. There is no default. So it's up to you. I guess to the listenter

spotify:user:livinlargo:playlist:7rlhPtNeBI9Ssyd4AHKoGK

I feel so dumb....I have been trying to figure this out for myself for the past week...thank you! 

Hey!

Adding a default list of songs actually sounds like a good idea. Why don't you post it here, the feature might get implemented, who knows. Be sure to add the link down here, I'll support it ;-D
If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

If anybody doesn't know how to do this what you do is remove all sorting options from the playlist then drag any new tracks added to the top. Visitors will then see new tracks first.

Follow me

This is possible, on your phone go to your playlist, click it. Scroll all the way to the top and you'll see the section where is has a magnifying glass and next to it says filter. Well next to that there's 3 lines. Click that and press recently added, and BOOM your newest songs are on the top. 

@achapper91 you are right, but it's not what @Meshblorg wants. Try reading her first reply (the second one in the thread)...
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Newest added songs are added to the bottom of the playlist, and that's the default setting. If you want to reverse this, you'd have to manually drag them around, or the friends viewing the playlist have click on the 'date added' column to have those songs appear in that order.

Having a customizable default setting would be cool tho! Something I'd support as well.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Welp, I tired. Lolz

I was going to ask the same question. There is no way to sort songs in a playlist that would be default to visitors as well. You change it to "recently added" however your friends would see the first added song at the top. Is there a way to change the sorting in my playlist that others see?

Hey there @eminugurlu,

Thanks for posted here in the Community 🙂

Currently the playlists are shown by the default order. If your friends want to filter the songs, they can give these steps a go.

We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to pass it on to the right team. You can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion.

If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts