Premium

Country

USA 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I want to cry. I have been at this for 2 hours.

My local files won't show. I have done 3 clean reinstalls of the spotify app (deleted out of the local app data etc..)  my files are mp3, they are not protected, I have switched them into different folders multiple times. They will NOT show up. I have googled and youtubed every possible answer and I just can't get it to work. 

Someone please help me. 😞 

1 Reply

Hi @lmldgs,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you experience this. We're happy to help.

These files must exist on the device, either Even though some other file types might work, these are the ones that the feature is designed to work with:

• .mp3

• .m4p (unless it contains video)

• .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

• .m4a (unless it’s an Apple lossless file; ALAC or ALE)

To sync local files from one device to another, you must be actively logged in to both devices with Spotify open and on the same network

Local files can be turned on/off in the Settings menu so make sure that they're turned on.

It's also useful to double-check that you have connected both devices to the same Wi-Fi.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you try the following:

• Add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the local file/s and make sure they have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in Settings

• Play some music on the device that has the local files to see if it shows via Connect on the other device

• Make sure the router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts