Country

USA

Device

Lenovo Thinkpad

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify desktop app 1.1.47.684.g136419d9

Scrolling through artist image gallery does not work.

Recreate:

1. Go to an artist (e.g., Rush)

2. Click "About"

3. In Image Gallery, click on an image other than the first

4. Image displays larger, with left and right < > arrows on either side.

Clicking the arrows does not change the image. The arrow image and the enclosing circle dim when clicked, but the image does not move, and it still says "Image 2 of 22". Neither the left nor right arrow work.

This worked a few weeks or months ago, but hasn't worked for the past few days at least.

10 Replies

I'm experiencing the same issue:

Windows 10 - build 19042.630

Spotify Desktop App - 1.1.47.684.g136419d9

Chris Gill

Hey @chadpetty and @cheneygill,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. Note that we advise you to download the Microsoft Store version of the app as it's best optimized for Windows 10.

If that doesn't fix things, if it's an option- could you borrow a friend or family members account and see if you can view the photos with it?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on my Win10 laptop as directed, and I still see the same problem.

I tried my wife's account on her Win 10 laptop, and see the same problem.

Hey @chadpetty

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Next thing you can check is if you observe the same when connecting the devices to a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information.

Another thing you can try is cleaning up the hosts file on your computer by following the steps described here

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I just tried a clean install myself. I followed the instructions exactly as described in the link you sent. It didn't resolve the issue, but in the newest version of the software (1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7 (Microsoft Store version)) the problem is different. Now, clicking on either the forward or back arrow causes the images to display in reverse order (both buttons move the image to the previous item in the list) until reaching the first image. Then neither button will advance the images. If you click on the first image in the list, neither button works.

Per your response to @chadpetty, this is not a network issue, but clearly a software bug. Everything else in the application works as expected. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help your development team resolve this issue.

Chris Gill

Hey @cheneygill,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear that your also experiencing issues with with the images on an artist page. To make sure that we're on the same page - do you mean that the buttons on your keyboard or clicking with the mouse on the left/right arrow on the screen move the image to the first one? This seem like a different issue than the one @cheneygill posted about. Before the reinstall was the behavior as they reported it?

Also could you let us know if the issue persists after checking the hosts file for Spotify entries as @Ivan suggested? Another troubleshooting step would be to check 

whether toggling hardware acceleration on/off makes a difference or not. You can find this option in the advanced setting menu, just make sure to restart you're device after each change before making the test.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

Apologies, the previous message appeared to come from another account in my family group. Both messages came from @cheneygill.

In response to your first question, yes, the behavior of the application changed between my first message and the last one I sent, however the Spotify application auto-updated when I started it today, so I was running on two different app versions. Currently when I click on either the forward or back arrows on the screen (I am not using the keyboard), the images change to the previous image in the stack (both arrows change the image to the previous one) until reaching the first image in the stack. After that, neither on-screen arrow does anything.

I checked my hosts file and it had no entries. I also disabled hardware acceleration and I rebooted after changing the setting, but it did not change the behavior of the application.

Let me know if you need more information.

Chris Gill

Hi there @cheneygill,

Thanks for the all your info and help in going through this troubleshooting process.

We've reported this to the right team and will get back to you as soon as we have more information 🙂

Cheers!

AlexModerator

Hey there @cheneygill,

Thanks for bearing with us!

We've taken a closer look - what you're experiencing sounds like the issue reported in this Ongoing Issue.

In this case, we'd suggest adding your +VOTE and subscribing to that thread so you can stay up to speed with any further updates we have about this.

Thanks again for reaching out and reporting this with us, we really appreciate it! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Happy Holidays ❄️

KaterinaModerator

I noticed this problem today but noticed you mentioned using the arrow keys in this thread. The mouse clicking is still not programmed correctly but arrow keys work. I also noticed that clicking the right arrow with a mouse will move the images left. Clicking the left arrow with a mouse will also move the images left.

If any users want to see images on their computer though I'd suggest just using the arrow keys until this is fixed!

Suggested posts