Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let me configure media keys in spotify settings to control volume/play pause/etc

Let me configure media keys in spotify settings to control volume/play pause/etc

I've been trying to post this suggestion in these forums and I got directed here. I still do not know if this is the correct place to post it, these forums are really confusing.

Anyway Spotify has a major inconvenience explained below:

A very important setting is missing from Spotify where I can configure my keyboard's multimedia keys to only work with Spotify (Play/Pause/Stop/Volume/Next/Previous). As of now I use spotify in the background and play games. Volume slider in keyboard controls Windows global volume thus making it extremely annoying to adjust the music volume to be lower than the game volume. I can't fix this issue until Spotify allows me to bind keys.

Allow as to add custom keys to Spotify so I can control Spotify and Spotify only using keyboard keys.

1 Reply

Hey there @Jamiboy

thanks for reaching out to the community !

We have a great section called "Ideas" where users can post their suggestion and have Spotify check them out, mark them as "New Ideas" and let users add their +VOTE and comment on it.

Please make sure to post your idea there so user can relate to it and help you promote it correctly through the right section.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts